Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Morale units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562)

Phylast 03-24-2009 02:04 AM

Morale units

I didn't specifically read anything about field healing units, but I'm sure there will be some. I was wondering though if there will be units specifically designed to boost morale of nearby allie units. Have them mana based (or equivalent), easy to kill, limited, etc.

Also, will there be buildings able to be built that allow for boosted morale or healing in the vicinity? Basically a place where important damaged units can retreat to and rest.

Kell Aset 03-24-2009 08:12 AM

Mages and heroes will have magic, abilities and bonuses.

Andy Joslin 03-24-2009 08:25 AM

There are some abilities/spells which increase the statistics of units in the area temporarily.

norbici 04-24-2009 02:07 AM

How about Heroes having the ability to capture enemy units after battle taking them hostage and asking a ransom for them(in money or resources), from the enemy player. But if the captured units are from the same race as u, after the ransom expires u can keep them and use them in your own army. Same with the mercenary units that u will encounter during quests or raiding, for example after u killed the majority of the mobs u could have 3 options: Exterminate enemy, Let them flee or Capture/Enslave enemy and take them home where u can use them after a while. :D

Esculas the Mighty 04-24-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbici (Post 13630)
How about Heroes having the ability to capture enemy units after battle taking them hostage and asking a ransom for them(in money or resources), from the enemy player. But if the captured units are from the same race as u, after the ransom expires u can keep them and use them in your own army. Same with the mercenary units that u will encounter during quests or raiding, for example after u killed the majority of the mobs u could have 3 options: Exterminate enemy, Let them flee or Capture/Enslave enemy and take them home where u can use them after a while. :D

:confused:

nickson104 04-24-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbici (Post 13630)

Sounds similar to Total War's system of surrendering units... and we have discussed this in another topic where we debated the use of morale and possibly defection/surrender of units

Benjen 05-09-2009 10:36 AM

Hello everyone, this is really my dream game, great job :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 13634)
Sounds similar to Total War's system of surrendering units... and we have discussed this in another topic where we debated the use of morale and possibly defection/surrender of units

I think have read that if your army, led by an hero is defeated, he appears hurt in your home settlement. It will be cool if he could be captured by the enemy and you have to pay for him rescue in gold or whatever that his captor demands, and if it's posible, with your captured troops :rolleyes: .

sorry for my bad english

MagicOPromotion 05-29-2009 04:03 PM

Morale units

As far as I know the battle group moral is directly connected to surviving units. ie lose half your teams, and your moral is down half, but then again I think some units effect the moral more when the get killed or damaged.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

nickson104 05-30-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjen (Post 14007)
I think have read that if your army, led by an hero is defeated, he appears hurt in your home settlement. It will be cool if he could be captured by the enemy and you have to pay for him rescue in gold or whatever that his captor demands, and if it's posible, with your captured troops :rolleyes: .

Or perhaps as one of the available quests where you have to infiltrate a settlement and rescue the hero? :)

And as for the morales effect, I think it should be like games such as Dawn Of War, where it decreases under attack and when it gets low the units take increased damage and perhaps flee? :)

Generation 05-30-2009 01:48 PM

i played something similar to that in rome total war and the fleeing part I don't really like it that much it so annoying