Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A few questions (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558)

Ginko 03-23-2009 08:06 AM

A few questions

Hello,

First of all congrats to the devs for their efforts in making the first true MMORTS! The game looks awsome, i cant wait for it to come out! But before i get even more hyped up about it id like to ask a few question:

How complex will the strategy be? Is it just city building/resource gathering/fighting? The game looks a bit similar to Settlers 6... the whole city development bit. Or will it be a complex RTS... where u gotta manage you're economy... diplomacy.. military... similar to Civ4? The later would be the best I think, a MMORTS that's is also complex and not a casual game would create a really devout community.

Will there be clan support? Most free mmos have little or no clan support, and that is why they fail to get a big community. If there will, will it be like a WoW system system? You get a few people, you pay some money, establish a guild.. build a guild city..etc.

Will there be AI villages to conquer? Can u expand you're empires land? or will it be just you're city? I know for that you'd need an enormous land... but it is possible to do it... or just have a lot of servers.

When will we have a demo?

Best of luck to the devs!

LiTos456 03-23-2009 02:42 PM

Good questions... I think there are NPC cities, they were mentioned, I dont know if you can conquer them though..I also think there is a clan system, but once again I wouldnt know how intense itis.
I hope this game has a lot of features, such as a *good* clan system, and more to do than just build/gather/fight/solo quest.

The_Biz 03-23-2009 06:35 PM

civ4 is probably the deepest game around. don't think they're going for something similar

Andy Joslin 03-23-2009 09:54 PM

Our goal is not a large amount of cool features. Thinking good features make a game is the downfall of many. We are going for a polished game with everything in having a reason to be there.

This is not to say we don't include cool stuff, though. Just that we won't add something for the sake of adding it. We want software, not bloatware.

Esculas the Mighty 03-23-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Joslin (Post 12646)
Our goal is not a large amount of cool features. Thinking good features make a game is the downfall of many. We are going for a polished game with everything in having a reason to be there.

This is not to say we don't include cool stuff, though. Just that we won't add something for the sake of adding it. We want software, not bloatware.

Will there be AI villages to conquer? Can u expand ur empires land? or will it be just ur city? i know for that ud need an enormous land... but it is possible to do it... or just have a lot of servers.

szebus 03-25-2009 05:58 AM

I don't know if it was asked, but how will the building damage look like ? will it be like in age of empires where you have a lifebar for each building or it will be possible to damage buildings by particles, see building damage in Men of War.

LiTos456 03-25-2009 06:51 AM

I hope it's either fully responsive destructibility, or they have many levels of it in each piece of the wall or something, like on OF2. But in OF2 it's developed so good it's pretty much full destructibility.

adamater 03-27-2009 06:44 PM

i really hope there will be a clan support system, cant wait to play with my friends

Lordadamar 03-28-2009 10:16 AM

Good looks awesome but i always worry when Devs say POLISHED game...

The Devs of the new Battlefield game SCREWED it up, constantly saying going for a POLISHED game... They made the new Battlefield 1943, to look similar to the others but limited the game so far you may well buy a console and go play hack and slash on Socom...

And yes I said Battlefield 1943 is in the works right now.. No error there... but its download only and not as huge as BF2 or 2142 or even 1942

Anyhow just worries me to keep hearing POLISHED, cause a polished ton of crap is still a ton of crap. Really Cant wait for beta...

LiTos456 03-28-2009 11:38 AM

I think bf1943 will be fine... it looks good for now, the new engine is lovely.
Anyway, its true, whenever devs say polished they seem to try to hide something. But reverie has absolutely nothing to hide, it's why I want to play this game. They're very open with us, etc.