Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Orc Walls (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5566)

Razorboye 02-22-2012 01:36 AM

Orc Walls

My wooden walls arent completing themselves. They have sections that are walls then they just have sections that are towers and have palisade walls connecting them to other towers. I dont know if its a bug or not because my brother is experiencing the same thing(we're both orcs).

My username is SongSpore. Town name is Orc Kingdom. and the region it is located at is Flatton Rol, just a little bit east of Mistra(or whatever that town is called).

Konstantin Fomenko 02-22-2012 08:48 AM

This is not a bug but actually Orcish stronghold design. Granted they get really ugly walls:) But they are very effective as stopping attackers.

kalinin920 02-22-2012 06:21 PM

Effective at stopping?! Flattan Rol's design has straight up holes in the wall, that isn't effective at all! I can understand only having one layer of walls as a balance thing, but designing that layer to have holes in it is just...un-fun.

GPS51 02-22-2012 06:24 PM

I'd be very surprised as the home cities have gotten a good deal of play time/testing, could you screenshot (f1 in game) and post it to show the holes please?

Razorboye 02-22-2012 09:55 PM

Orc Walls

1 Attachment(s)
I dont know if you can see it or not, but on the left and right side you can see that it has wooden walls up but on the bottom its just the palisade walls and some random tower placement.

GPS51 02-22-2012 10:45 PM

The walls look half built in the picture ( did the wall continuing button get clicked off)? I'm checking just to make sure on the test build.

GPS51 02-22-2012 11:38 PM

Ok so i test built a full orc wall set up, that's the way it was designed. Orcs aren't designed to sit behind tall stone walls. My experience has been that the palisade rush is more deadly then attempting to take the tall wooden walls in orc towns. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

Razorboye 02-23-2012 01:52 AM

Orc walls

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasnt glitched or anything.

kalinin920 02-23-2012 07:03 PM

Even from a design and cultural standpoint though, that seems like a castle design that just doesn't make sense. It really should be up to the player how they handle their tactics with a species, to a certain degree. Take for example the entrenched perk - it's damn near useless if those bonuses can be completely circumvented due to poor castle design. I've started a new homeland in Brakental for my orcs just in the hopes that they will actually have a complete wall that takes longer than 10 seconds to breach. At that point it might as well not even be called a siege, honestly. But this is a matter of opinion and discussion rather than bugs and such, I suppose.

Razorboye 02-23-2012 09:38 PM

Orc Walls

Yeah I'm with Kailin at this point, I mean why make wooden walls if its not going to completely encircle(protect) my town? Whats the point? The palisade gets knocked down easy so I already know everyone is going to destroy that and just rush in. So all in all, If we orcs cant get a full encirclement of walls to protect our towns then why give us walls in the first place? Also I was hoping my town would end up looking like the orc town Makkada(Mother Womb).