Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Beta Question (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549)

Lordadamar 03-16-2009 02:37 PM

Another Beta Question

I have seen it mentioned before but has there been any thought in how Beta tester will be able to Download the beta

Through

Reverie World Studios sever

Or Through

Steam
Gamersgate
Direct2drive

I know I would prefer through a Reverie client download or if i had to choose a 3rd party Direct2drive is ok...

I just hope if its third party we dont have to pay any kind of money to get it...

LiTos456 03-16-2009 03:18 PM

Well the full game will be available for digital download and in stores...
I doubt it will be released on steam.
Uh I don't know what gamersgate it. But as for the beta my guess is Reverie will just upload the client to their server, really not a big matter.

Lordadamar 03-16-2009 04:25 PM

Post was not meant to be big deal... was just curious, it seems more often these days betas are hitting File download sites instead of Dev sites. And some file download sites suck hard.

And When EQ2 sold Digital downloads for there latest expansion it was quicker and easier to pull it down from direct2drive.com then there own Launcher...

Any idea of size of Download yet?

Bryan Oakley 03-16-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordadamar (Post 12341)

Over 9000.

LiTos456 03-16-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Oakley (Post 12342)
Over 9000.

Good one.
+++

Andy Joslin 03-16-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

It will not be released on steam.
Make sure your information is correct before you post it and start a horrendous rumor. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordadamar (Post 12341)
Post was not meant to be big deal... was just curious, it seems more often these days betas are hitting File download sites instead of Dev sites. And some file download sites suck hard.

And When EQ2 sold Digital downloads for there latest expansion it was quicker and easier to pull it down from direct2drive.com then there own Launcher...

It will most likely be hosted on our server, but this is not confirmed. We don't have the extra money to throw around to pay another place to host it, after all.;)

You will see when it happens. Over-speculation can lead to over-assumption and make false preconceptions.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-16-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Steam
As a producer, I`ll have to say no comment. You never know - might be.

As a player, not affiliated to Reverie World Studios, I`d say - out of our dead cold hands.

LiTos456 03-16-2009 10:03 PM

Sorry I sounded so certain;
I just didn't think you'd be using the steam online system to power the multiplayer.

Lordadamar 03-17-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Oakley (Post 12342)
Over 9000.

9000 mb appox 9gb is believable.....

Age of Conan was 15000 mb on a Download Which I also beta tested..

This whole posts was to get an idea of things.

SvN 03-17-2009 08:52 AM

I hate steam. Really hope you aren't going to use steam.