Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unit overview from town. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5406)

crazedwombat 01-26-2012 03:29 AM

Unit overview from town.

So, i have so many workers now that when i select them all, they don't all show up so now i officially have no clue what all my workers are tasked to.

I found this troublesome, then i noticed on the map when you create an army you can switch to your workers and you get a much different display that is 2 fold better than the display you get in town..

my question is this, couldn't you make the worker and unit displays the same in town as they are in the create army menu? OR instead of changing this mechanic, just add a button in town to bring up the create army menu from the main map without having to switch to main map? with the change that selecting them wouldn't add to an army but instead add them to the selection queue?

IE: you'd open th menu, it'd give you stacked units, you'd click archer, archer, soldier, cavalry, and those units would then be selected to issue commands to. Or you'd select task stacks... gold gold gold stone gather, and then those 5 units could be retasked to butchery... etc

Really it would be nice to be able to do it from town menu anyways..

so you say why not just go to the main map? here's why, because i'd like the ability to see what all my workers are doing, select a certain stack tasked to say butchery, and reroute JUST THOSE units to task on something else... on the main map all you can do is set them to an army, i want that same main map menu with the ability to select certain stacks, this would apply to army units as well, allowing you to select just your archers so you could send them to a certain spot, while sending cavalry to another, without having to separate them all out and assign numbers.

Instead of showing each worker, it would show the stacks with the numbers depending on their task, on military units it would group by type and show the stacks..

ALSO a hotkey to crop units would be nice, i know if you hold shift and click it exludes that unit, but it would be nice to have a hotkey that would INCLUDE that unit.

Sunleader 01-26-2012 06:39 AM

Current Pathfinding system only allows to Select 16 Units at once
So either Group your peasants so you have Groups of 16 peasants at max
simply trust that they are doing something useful

Suggestion is not needed tough
New pathfinding system was announced already
so before this is out we dont even know weather or not this problem will prevail in the first place

crazedwombat 01-26-2012 07:51 AM

i disagree... trusting they are doing something useful shouldn't be an intended mechanic.. if it is i guess i'll find another game...

regardless changing to the same system as the army formation window would be amazing anyways... regardless of a new path finding system...

you could assign 1 to your entire army, but still have the ability to move your different units independently without having to manually select or assign numbers to each.. you'd just click the stack of archers, send them here, click the stack of cavalry, send them there, send in soldiers...

this would allow multiple mixed armies for tasks such as flanking while still allowing you to micromanage each unit.

buddhist23 01-26-2012 03:52 PM

You're so special. You not playing this game ruins the experience for everyone I suppose. You didn't even PAY for this game since you got it for free....so why are you *****ing? At the very least, you know what the dev team is doing.

Sunleader 01-26-2012 05:03 PM

Actually I vote for Ignoring him

Hes apparently not really intending to be reasoned with
he keeps stating stuff that doesnt make sense
and he keep rambling about how everything could be better if people would follow his command

buddhist23 01-26-2012 07:06 PM

If he said the undead are coming. I would agree with him on that one point.

knightl 01-27-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhist23 (Post 69499)
If he said the undead are coming. I would agree with him on that one point.

comment off the day top comment to you good sir :)

buddhist23 01-27-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightl (Post 69512)
comment off the day top comment to you good sir :)

I guess you want undead too

knightl 01-27-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhist23 (Post 69545)
I guess you want undead too

no i hate undead i just haven't taken this damn hat off for a while

Dreamwalker 01-27-2012 08:23 PM

...And somehow, we're back to talking about undead. Again. :p

Anyway, to stay on topic: what sun said.