Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why this game has low pop. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5403)

crazedwombat 01-26-2012 03:11 AM

Why this game has low pop.

I can't believe you guys are charging for the game AND have a cash shop in the game.

I never would've played had it not been for the free client, i really believe you'd make more money and draw much more population if you just made the client free for good.

On a side note, i would've been fairly angry had i payed $30 for the client as well because of the bugs i've encountered. They aren't anything game breaking, but they are irritating and something i'd expect in a free client, but not in a pay client.

For example, my humans not wanting to butcher animals even though they are set to ready to butcher, and the humans are idle standing right next to them set to butcher task.. units getting stuck on geometry with no escape.. average income staying the same until relog even though all the workers were retasked... etc...

PVP: why is there a protection timer at all if you can only fight people at your same level of development? as long as both players are equally noob, there shouldn't be any timer at all period.

I don't want to include anything else in my rant as i don't want to take away from the VITAL problem i have, and that is the costly client. You are missing out on a huge population by charging the fee for the client, at LEAST make like a 30 day free trial. The demographic this game is targeting is unlikely to be ok paying for a client and then being expected to pay for stuff in the game also..

P2P or F2P, NOT BOTH, IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS MODEL!

Sunleader 01-26-2012 03:41 AM

Think thats fine
Main Problem in my Eyes is that theres no way to get Trial Entry

People often Dislike the Idea of Paying for Something before they actually know if its worth it.

andreicde 01-26-2012 04:27 AM

not that you said your complaint,i'll reply back: play the game before talking and judging.

knightl 01-26-2012 04:29 AM

this thread reminds me of a oddly similar cash shop thread posted by someone

szebus 01-26-2012 04:41 AM

It is there, somewhere on the forum, suggested to have a 7 day trial that can be converted to pay for client - play for free with the possibility of buying wealth ... I really hope there will be a solution for this, like keys for every registered user and the keys to have a valid time ... oh and what I would really like to see, is pay by sms for wealth option.

Sunleader 01-26-2012 05:53 AM

Well theres alot Possibilitys here
but Fact is we need to get some Promotion for this Game

and an Demo is usually the best way to Promote something
since people dont feel like buying a Cat in the Sack

Now Question would be how much the Demo should Offer
And how long it should go

For Example no Restricition with one Week Playtime would risk that people play for a Week and then take next Trial Account
Restrictions but no Timelimit would be like Free to Play since many people would simply Discard the "Premium Features"

Well thats a hard nut to Crack ^^

crazedwombat 01-26-2012 07:53 AM

just because the server is acting up right now doesn't mean i've never played.. get a new troll.

my threads are separate because they address different subjects, putting them all into 1 long post is a stupid suggestion.

the demo would work for like 7 days or something, you would be assigned a product key that would expire at that point and that would be locked to your IP... it's not a tough nut to crack considering it's been done since the beginning of time... copy someone else's trial scheme.

Konstantin Fomenko 01-26-2012 09:35 AM

All in good time...:) The demo, trial, even F2P model after a year+ is all panned, but time is not right.

The current business model allows us to properly "finish" the game. It`s not a secret that our ex-publisher released the game half a year before it was due. We are getting close to our goal - and comes spring DoF should be ready for a wider audience. Meanwhile we make sure to run some promos to keep at least the minimal player population.

And DoF is really not a pay to win game, so the cash shop in-game is just a way for players to spend the influence they earn from PvP games, with a rare exception of somebody paying a few $ to get some special unit like a Dragon.

buddhist23 01-26-2012 03:50 PM

someone hasn't made a game before apparently

WerewolfX 01-28-2012 09:26 AM

you do realize cash shop is COMPLETELY optional.
Plus you don't have to pay a cent to use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 69454)
All in good time...:) The demo, trial, even F2P model after a year+ is all panned, but time is not right.

The current business model allows us to properly "finish" the game. It`s not a secret that our ex-publisher released the game half a year before it was due. We are getting close to our goal - and comes spring DoF should be ready for a wider audience. Meanwhile we make sure to run some promos to keep at least the minimal player population.

And DoF is really not a pay to win game, so the cash shop in-game is just a way for players to spend the influence they earn from PvP games, with a rare exception of somebody paying a few $ to get some special unit like a Dragon.

or doing what i did and buying 3 bucks worth to build my a wall early on.