Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you use Garrison Army? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5386)

Konstantin Fomenko 01-22-2012 11:34 AM

Do you use Garrison Army?

We need your feedback to influence our decision on the Garrison Army function. Garrisoning Armies it the main cause of units vanishing and other related bugs. We have tried to fix it numerous times, and while we did improve it it might takes us a while longer before it`s bug free. So at this point we are considering just removing this function - and adding it later on once it`s fully fixed.

My question is - how important is this function to you? Should we just remove it and not spend additional time trying to fix it in the future? Or is it essential for you and you think it`s best to leave it in-game (potentially causing armies to loose units) and try to fix it in the next few patches?

selridion 01-22-2012 11:53 AM

i never use it
i don't even know what it does

if that answers your question :p

szebus 01-22-2012 01:01 PM

It is not an important option in my opinion. Only used in the betas to see what it dose but never was a useful solution to me. I rather bring my army next to town and transfer the hero like i would transfer anything else , then use the garrison button. Eventually to help people getting the hero in town quicker, change that garrison button to "quick transfer hero" button.

Morgemil 01-22-2012 03:05 PM

I enjoy the garrison feature and used up until I lost an army to it. It's very useful so I can keep track of what units and resources I have in my army and what I'm using in my home city. However, I'd prefer if it was removed until it is fixed to prevent any further mishaps. I probably won't touch it until fixed if it is left in the game but I think removing it would be best for any new players as well. Losing a whole army to a bug, even if recoverable, is painful and paints a bad picture.

Sunleader 01-22-2012 03:30 PM

I Hardly use it
Mainly because I dont want to have an Army that takes up Army Slot and is Standing around Idle

It would be nice if this Feature would be revised completly
Its good to have an Garrisoned Army since its easyr to Pull out Troops from the Town
but since its not very Convient it is usually easyer to just Create and Discard Armys

Greetz

Konstantin Fomenko 01-23-2012 11:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback so far - looks like we`ll remove this feature for now unless somebody protests with a good reason not to.

buddhist23 01-23-2012 01:25 PM

I use it because for one..what kind of stronghold does not garrison troops? Really....my city is manned to the death. I have ogres as sentries and troops across all my walls and patrolling. It's immersion..and removing it breaks that. Geez..now I have a stronghold of workers? What if someone attacks? I only have workers to defend it? And yes..i have maxed out all 5 armies....and I am in WANT OF MORE TROOPS! ( KON.....ORCS NEED MORE ARMY SLOTS )

Dreamwalker 01-23-2012 03:11 PM

I use it, but I could live without it. After all, all it does is move troops into your city, which you can do manually anyway. Sure, it keeps the army together, which is useful, but it's not crucial.

If it's causing a bunch of bugs, then I say get rid of it for now, but feel free to bring it back later on.

Neinth 01-23-2012 05:06 PM

I like the idea of removing it,fixing it later.

Doeetright 01-25-2012 03:34 AM

Vote 1 for complete removal and reimplementation at a later date (once it's fixed and bug free)