Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PvP (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5360)

Cyroch 01-18-2012 05:00 PM

PvP

Hi,
hopefully I didn't miss a similar question, and if, I'm sorry.

I play for 3 days now, and however my army is still quite small, I thought I try some small scaled PvP matches.
So I just moved outside my city and wandered around the area and searched for a pvp match every now and then. And I never found one, even with long range scouting and being brave.
Is it that I have to move outside my race's realm (I'm playing humans, alpine region)? Or is there simply no one playing pvp with armies weak like mine (rating around 170)?

Would appreciate any help.

WazDoF 01-18-2012 05:10 PM

Even with range scouting on, the system will search for players in a relatively small area, so try to go in a center region (Rollingplain is a great choice) and look for PvP. You can also try to attack cities, since 170 strength matches most upgraded empty towns.

Although the best way to have PvP battles (even if searching randomly often works) is to ask for somebody to meet you in game chat.

Hope it will help !

Cyroch 01-18-2012 05:16 PM

That helps, thanks.

One rather newbie follow-up question. When you say attacking cities you mean NPC-cities or player cities? because i also searched for attacking cities and never found anything.

I know there is no map showing all the player cities, but is there a way to find locations or is it just guessing into the blue as well?

Thanks for the chat tip, will try that.

WazDoF 01-18-2012 05:21 PM

I meant player cities, but if you tried it and had no answer, I guess it's related to the position problem too. You might have been unlucky though because from Southmonth with range scouting you should hit every target with proper army value in all human regions. And most of new players are over there, so it's weird you met no one...

The best thing to do is to try again, eventually it will work :)

Cyroch 01-18-2012 05:30 PM

Thanks for the encouragement...maybe its due to my online times... Im mostly playing late evenings and nights... probably most people nicely asleep^^ Will try it earlier this weekend :P

Konstantin Fomenko 01-19-2012 10:49 AM

Cyroch - during evening we have our lowest player population - so from 9pm EST it`s rather hard to find a game. 4pm EST is the best time with 10X more players online.

Couple of hints:
-Use Rollingplain region, also do Remote Scouting and Be Brave
-Have 3 armies in rolling-plain - one in 100 strength, one in 250 strength and one around 400.
-Try searching for Vs Army, and if nothing is found Vs Town with each army in turn and you are almost guaranteed to find someone.

Also - we are working on growing our player population as well as fixing one common exploit with PvP protection - so next week it should get easier to find PvP targets.

Cyroch 01-19-2012 11:14 AM

Thank you very much. Will try.