Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Extreme Amount of Lag (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5351)

Tomtensmage 01-16-2012 11:53 PM

Extreme Amount of Lag

Hi!

I'm using a AlienWare M17x with an i7 and i5 processor aswell as a 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M and that's a incredibly good computer that handles Call of Duty, Star Wars: The Old Republic and games like that with out a single lagspike.
But when I play DoF it lags, literally, worse that anything I've seen before. Please do help me and explain why!

Cheers
Jack

Neinth 01-17-2012 12:28 AM

Try disabling advanced logging m8 should help

Joseph Visscher 01-17-2012 04:43 PM

Thats not right. Could you list more of your hardware specs as the ones you listed are a bit unclear you have a i5 and a i7?

Motherboard: ?
CPU: going to assume I5 2500k? Current CPU Freq ~ ghz
Video Card: 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
RAM: including what DDR and mhz rate, if you have 2 gbs 667 mhz ram thats your problem right there, and your cpu would be performing maybe 1-5% of what it can do.
Harddrive: ?
Harddrive data transfer rate: ?

What type of lag is this, just constant lagspikes, lagspikes every now and than that freeze the screen for quite a long time, or is it a constant drain in FPS which may mean something is wrong with the video card.

With what you said your specs should be able to run the game unless your RAM is really messed up, and or harddrive.
How are loading times, does loading your homeland take like 4-8 minutes? Then it would be your harddrive data transfer rate or have some very badly damage harddrive sectors with part of the game being on one of these damaged sectors.
For testing your Harddrive I suggest using DiskSpeed32: http://software.vgrin.host56.com/diskspeed32/
Do a complete test and if you notice maga bad drops in performance in various sectors than your hardrive may possibly be at fault and inneed of repairs or replacement.

Also what is your OS? are you on XP 32 bit?

borres12 04-22-2012 03:42 PM

I just bought Dawn of Fantasy today, I can run high quality games like SWTOR, or Modern Warfare 3, BF3 etc, yet when I got this game, I set ALL the graphics options to low or off, and it lags EVERYWHERE, in game, main menu, pause screen......I have Alienware M14x laptop, its Windows XP with dual core 2nd generation Intel Core Processor....I met both minimum and recommended requirements for this game to run so does anyone know what I can do to fix the lag?

I spent 30$ on this, and I would like to get the full use of this product, It really seems like a fun game, but I cant play it with all this lag.....help?

Jarno Montonen 04-23-2012 01:13 AM

borres12, currently the game uses your desktop resolution, so if you have that set very high it could be the reason. Try turning it down while playing DoF?

Also, there's a performance update on the way.

borres12 04-23-2012 01:29 AM

What do you mean, Im not a computer expert so could you clarify? Do you mean the 32/64 bit thing? Or is it something else entirely, Ive tried running the compatibility mode thing, I set it to Windows 2000, because that was one of the preferred requirement specs, but it still lags so much in the game....

Jarno Montonen 04-23-2012 04:09 AM

Setting the resolution depens on your windows version. On Windows 7 you can set it by right clicking empty space on your desktop and selecting "Screen resolution" and then just selecting something lower on the Resolution drop down and clicking Apply. Try selecting something around ".... x 1000" for example.

On earlier versions of Windows I think there's no "Screen resolution" option, but just "Properties" when right clicking on the desktop. You should then be able to find the resolution settings somewhere in the window that opens.

Don't use the compatibility thing.

Silkjc 04-23-2012 06:49 AM

I reported the exact same issue (see threads started by me) but got no official resolution. I managed to improve it by upgrading to the latest Radeon drivers, but it still isn't great. Its 100% a problem with the code, able to run games like Napoleon Total War on absolute max settings perfectly smooth.

Jarno Montonen 04-23-2012 01:38 PM

We are absolutely aware that the game requires too much resources to be run smoothly, and it is our top priority to fix it. We are working on it right now!

But until then lowering the resolution should help you to atleast play the game :).

OrlandoKev 04-23-2012 05:57 PM

i run 1920x1080 on 27" monitor and do deal with those long load times of quests and such, do you have a recommended setting i should try?