Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Possible hardware GFX problem (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5129)

Nermal 12-15-2011 05:24 AM

Possible hardware GFX problem

After a lenghty conversation on chat today, a thought "struck".

So far everyone I have asked with Nvidia GFX (4 incl myself) cards have minor problems or near none problems whereas those 2 so far with ATI cards suffer mayor problems with missing stuff or game not working properly between loading screens etc.

It may be silly that a gfx cards driver should be causing this but thats the only real differnce i could pinpoint during our chat. I was wondering if someone of you staff could rule it out,- or anyone whos reading could give a heads up on what gfx they using and if they got game breaking issues like disappearing castles or loading screen issues etc

Seigyoku 12-15-2011 01:17 PM

Hi,

I have ATI cards Radeon 4870 and I don't have graphic problems at all.

Seigyoku,

Griegor Mcvennor 12-15-2011 06:18 PM

There are so many different variables between each series of card that pinpointing one thing would be extremely difficult unless a lot of manpower was dedicated specifically for examining that issue.

Nermal 12-16-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor (Post 67549)
There are so many different variables between each series of card that pinpointing one thing would be extremely difficult unless a lot of manpower was dedicated specifically for examining that issue.

Was why I asked if anyone else would come up with their spec. Seems im wrong allready, could have been a handy & easy way of pinpointing a possible source of problems.

Now thats ruled out im not gonna persue it further. Whereas the staff have the deep tech expertise in this game,- we users might stumble across something they havnt thought about or can see because they are so deep in the game.

I love to help out but dont have the time/machine to do it via the Q&A strike group, so i find other ways which might help or might not :rolleyes:

Griegor Mcvennor 12-16-2011 07:18 AM

Nermal,
I apologize I didn't mean to discourage you. I am not saying that persuing it wouldn't be helpful at some point. I simply wanted to point out that at this time, the developers probably won't be able to track it down.

If you are able to get enough people together with enough information and stats then maybe you can make enough progress to where the issue can be tackled eventually. I did mention the issue to the developers as something that might need to be looked into in the future. It's just that right now, there are other issues that are being worked that have priority.

If you have the time to pinpoint the similarities between all the people having this issue and PM it to me, I'll take a look and see if any of the information will be helpful to the developers at all.

In order for the data to be useful and accurate, you would have to go through all the previous posts about it and see what range of cards are having the issue, manufacturer, etc.

* I do not represent Reverie World Studios. This are merely my opinions and do not represent any official stance on any issue.

Nermal 12-16-2011 02:05 PM

Oh you didnt discourage me, was just pointing out that it could have been a easy way to pin point a problem area.
But as Seigyoku said, he has a ati card then my idea is invalid. There may be a gfx issue but it doesnt seem to be a easy solveable one as you point out.

Ill try look into a more diverse picture of the gfx issue, but afaik we are moving into a area where I have no expertise whatsoever only ideas!