Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Time before Attacker Spawns in Town PvP (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5064)

Sunleader 12-06-2011 05:26 AM

Time before Attacker Spawns in Town PvP

Right now the Defender has a bit less than maybe 20 seconds to prepare for an Attack

Now honestly said this is a joke
in that time even if using only Hotkeys and the rare case of them actually working perfectly fine

that would not even be enough time to let peasants into the Fort and Close the Gates

But actually we even have additional problems which would need time

By Loading Town PvP

All Units in Town are moved a little so they often move down from Towers
also the Formations and any Status Command will be set back to basic

So while the Attacker can immediatly form up and attack with big Stacks
the Defender would need to select each Unit seperately and position it first then form up and activate special effects

I would recomment to give the Defender at least 2 minutes of Preparation Time
so he can move his Units back to the Towers and Close the Gates
as well as tell em what they should do.

Greetz

szebus 12-06-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunleader (Post 67011)
Right now the Defender has a bit less than maybe 20 seconds to prepare for an Attack

True, the time should be increased but not much.

Quote:

All Units in Town are moved a little so they often move down from Towers
also the Formations and any Status Command will be set back to basic

If I remember correctly, this problem will be solved with the patch that comes to solve the pathfinding problem of the units.

Quote:

So while the Attacker can immediatly form up and attack with big Stacks
the Defender would need to select each Unit seperately and position it first then form up and activate special effects

For now, You could try guessing from where the attacker want to begin the siege and concentrate only on that side of your defense, by setting up just those soldiers and then get to the others.

Sunleader 12-06-2011 06:40 AM

20 Seconds -about 3-5 Seconds which are lost to loading the Screen
So I keep maybe 15 seconds

but well lets just say 20

Lets say I need a second to move a Unit back up to Tower (honestly said thats impossible since even if you could do it yourself the Game which is lagging due to Synchro will not cover with it. but ok....
Saying I also guess the right Gate
that would still mean that I need to move about 20 Units back into the right Position.
than I would need to order 5 Stacks of Units to Reform and Activate their Abilitys
lets say I need about 1 second per stack which is also pretty impossible due to heavy lag when selecting a stack but well also ignoring that.

I would already be at 25 seconds
and I havnt closed my Gate
much less I even told my Workers to Return.

And thats already in the case that I ONLY readjust stuff that went awry during loadup

Means thats the case for me being Perfectly prepared for an Attack and awaiting the Enemy already
but especially smaller players cant do that since unlike me they cant afford to have a whole Army Garrisoned in their City all the time.
They need to move around with their Units
and do stuff like Quests and Leveling

I will make this a little more detailed

I know that the Pathfinding Patch
has also put forth the CHANCE of eventually including the feature to safe status of Units
but it was never assured or announced

So let me Recommend
to Increase the Preparation Time to 2 Minutes at least

if the Patch fixes the Issues with Units moving down from the Wall and stuff
then it can still be shortened again.

Greetz

Konstantin Fomenko 12-06-2011 10:39 AM

Guys - you bring a valid point, however - if we make it last two minutes the attacking player will get bored to death:)

We`ll try making it 40 seconds in today`s patch.

szebus 12-06-2011 12:13 PM

Sunleader, here is another option, but it works for shure if you play as humans. Have one army of 60 peasants gattering resources, camped outside youre willage, one army full of carts to transport owerflowed resources to an npc town for selling and buying, in youre town you can have at least 20 to 30 but i say 30 sheeps that gives gold and right now they can not be attacked by enemy player, and you can still have 3 armies at you're please. :D

Sunleader 12-06-2011 01:38 PM

Kon ^^
How about 1 Minute then ^^

That should at least be enough to Organize your Defences
even tough it wont be enough to call back any Outside Units

And Szebus Matey
I dont have that many Peasants and sutff actually
Also I dont really care about them since they cost me nothing if I build new ones

I make most of my Income by Raiding NPC Citys and if I need something I just buy it with Gold
I have nothing to Build or Research anymore so the only thing I spend Ressources on is Mercs

But especially newer Players who are not teched out will need some Time to Organize their Defence
and the one Attacking shouldnt have so much for a Problem waiting
he has after all Attacked and thus is prepared for Combat

Greetz

Dreamwalker 12-06-2011 04:23 PM

This thread has a great point, in every siege I've been in there's just not enough time to prepare.

As for the attacker getting bored, that is very true; but if they had plenty of stuff to prepare in the meantime (camp manangement, ect) it should last them at least a minute or two.

Afraid that's all I've got, but I'm glad to hear that the time got changed in today's patch. (it did get changed, didn't it?)