Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Economy / Trade (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504)

Lordadamar 02-13-2009 06:14 PM

Economy / Trade

I saw this mentioned about 6 months ago with no real answers.. Was hoping we might get some...

1. How will economy work, monetarily, 100 based system like other MMO's
i.e 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold, 100 gold = 1 platinum

2. or a merchants controlling a supply and demand based economy where resources are loose or gain value as quanties on hand change. Assuming AI in game restores merchant inventories.

And will the the local economies ( your region ) be affected by the overall world when it comes to resourse available? or will lack of resourses be a local issue. Assuming theres not a constant Infinate amount...

The last question kinda leads into trade, I assume sense it sounds like your trying to stay close to what things would have been back then the Barter system will be a big part of the game.

1. Will trade be done through alliances only or to whome ever you want without ties.

2. And will trade effect the growth of poplualtion in the city reguardless if im only trading for say stone for walls. To clarify im just buying raw materials to build, will trading inadvertently effect the AI population growth?

Andy Joslin 02-13-2009 06:31 PM

The four primary resources are food, wood, gold, and stone. These are used in mass, and there is no new 'lump' name for renaming say 1000 wood to 1 lumberstack. Resources are used for everything and gotten many ways. For example, when you create an army at your homecity you are able to transfer any resource from your city to your army (though an army can only carry so much). Your army slowly loses resources while moving, and while camped, if you have peasants in your army, you are able to slowly gather resources.

You can also gather resources at your homecity, or gain it through quests or conquest. Quests and fighting are the quickest way to gain resources.

There is also influence, or fame, or wealth (not finally named). You gain this through completing quests, winning battles, and generally doing productive things in the MMORTS world. It is used to research technologies, hire advanced troops, learn new spells for your wizards, expand your homecity, etc.

Rocksteady 02-13-2009 10:40 PM

I ran into this question, and its been awhile since it was asked. The answer was "no comment", so i was wondering if it has been decided. Will there be player trading through a player auction house/ marketplace type trade?

Joseph Visscher 02-18-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocksteady (Post 11656)
I ran into this question, and its been awhile since it was asked. The answer was "no comment", so i was wondering if it has been decided. Will there be player trading through a player auction house/ marketplace type trade?

no comment.