Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Dwarfs are Coming! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5002)

Alex Walz 11-27-2011 01:04 PM

The Dwarfs are Coming!

Och aye, ye daft bugger! The world of Mythador is in chaos, ravaged by the War Without Kings, political conquests, peasant uprisings, and rogue wizards. Even the dwarfs of Dunn Ergast, previously unconcerned with the petty feuds of the three great realms, can no longer avoid the din of a thousand battles from their hallowed caves. With a particularly harsh winter blowing in from the north, dwarfs everywhere pick up their axes and head south in unprecedented numbers. They settle in the outskirts of the great Boleta, dangerously close to their ancient Elven enemies; in encampments scattered around Makkada, conspiring with orc bandits; in traveling trade convoys from Dagbor, introducing new technology to markets everywhere while filling their pockets with gold. And… they settle in the towns, demanding refuge for the winter and bellies full of ale. Just don’t go trying to charge these fellows rent.

In this rare visit, the dwarfs will introduce the best miners in the game, two very versatile melee units, and a new technology: gunpowder. With primitive rifles and cannons, the dwarfs will be invaluable when defending your homeland from an attack. But encounter them on the other side of the battlefield and you might as well be head-to-head with a dragon.

During the “Dwarven Invasion” promo, new players will receive bonus codes redeemable in the in-game Market for dwarven units, and current players will receive a 50 percent discount on all dwarven mercenaries. The promo will also feature a new dwarven menu design and new music tracks – for what could be better than blowing your enemy to smithereens with a couple cannons accompanied by a symphony of bagpipes?

The promo starts tomorrow and runs until Dec. 5, so check out our website to pick up your copy of the game to take part in the great Dwarven Invasion! Check back tomorrow for the entire announcement as well as a number of screenshots to see what players can expect!

Dreamwalker 11-27-2011 01:40 PM

Yay! Dwarves!

Though of course, it isn't really an invasion...

Quote:

During the “Dwarven Invasion” promo, new players will receive bonus codes redeemable in the in-game Market for dwarven units, and current players will receive a 50 percent discount on all dwarven mercenaries
All we get is half-off dwarves? Shouldn't the current players at least get one free dwarf?

Nevertheless, it'll be great to have a couple days of dwarf awesomeness. And does this mean we will get to play as dwarves in not too long???

andreicde 11-27-2011 02:27 PM

I'd be up too for a few rifles,to test that is :D

Alex Walz 11-27-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamwalker (Post 66566)
Yay! Dwarves!

Though of course, it isn't really an invasion...

All we get is half-off dwarves? Shouldn't the current players at least get one free dwarf?

Nevertheless, it'll be great to have a couple days of dwarf awesomeness. And does this mean we will get to play as dwarves in not too long???

There's more to the patch that will be revealed tomorrow. =]
Current players won't get the two automatic codes redeemable for dwarf units, but all players will be given a mini-quest, which, if completed, will get them a couple free battalions. If the dwarfs are feeling particularly rowdy, they may even conquer an NPC town or twelve. ;) If you manage to reconquer any of these towns, its citizens are likely to give you a mighty reward. Any players daring enough to visit the dwarven caves during this time will likewise be in for quite the high stakes/high risk adventure!

Sunleader 11-27-2011 05:58 PM

I hope it wont stay at that
Its hard time that People can Play Dwarfes :P

Lets hope you guys are working on that as well :P

andreicde 11-27-2011 09:26 PM

ok now I love the new update then. Heck, I'LL do time to play that mini quest and prepare some armies fast fast for that

Thrall Warchief 11-28-2011 03:57 AM

Hey guys,

been some time, I was wondering do we recieve the dwarf codes if we buy the game from today?

on the purchase site I dont see you get the special codes.

Alex Walz 11-28-2011 09:16 AM

We tend to do updates around 6-7 PM EST.

soulpaul 11-28-2011 10:23 AM

do people who already brought the game get the codes

Thrall Warchief 11-28-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulpaul (Post 66593)
do people who already brought the game get the codes

Hey Soulpaul, your question is already awnsered in post 4 from alex.
players dont get the code who already bought it.

@Alex, will they update when they finished it in this thread, or can I see it in the cart as bonus material?