Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   custom units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50)

darath 07-24-2007 09:15 AM

custom units

will you be able to make a custum unit? if you are these points should be considered.

1.being able to select how many in battlion
2.what weapons, armour and skills they have
3.what they look like and there name
4.there class e.g.warrior or mage(mages have less armour and weapon options but use powerful spells)

also points one and two should judge the cost e.g. 5 units with leather armour and rusty swords and no skills will be cheaper then 8 units with steel platemail, broadswords and skills.

if you have anything to add please do so

The Witch King of Angmar 07-24-2007 09:58 AM

I don't think they would give this option but seeing how much Reverie has done so far I'd say there might be a possibility.

Konstantin Fomenko 07-24-2007 10:46 AM

You won`t believe with how much jealousy I eyed the Custom hero feature in BftME 2. It would be perfect for our MMORTS multiplayer. If we get some extra resources we`ll definitely try to add this in.

No custom units at this point - we got to save something for DoF2:) But for the record, initially we intended to fully support custom unit feature in DoF1.

Darvin 07-24-2007 12:19 PM

Well, make sure you do a better job than the BFME custom heroes if your do follow that path. At very least a cost system to better balance hero skills. Custom heroes in BFME were so poorly balanced that they were never used.

SPARROW94 07-24-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 570)
You won`t believe with how much jealousy I eyed the Custom hero feature in BftME 2. It would be perfect for our MMORTS multiplayer. If we get some extra resources we`ll definitely try to add this in.

No custom units at this point - we got to save something for DoF2:) But for the record, initially we intended to fully support custom unit feature in DoF1.

dude theres going to be a DoF2 KICK @$$

jap88 07-24-2007 03:52 PM

I'm wondering if there will be anything left that they'll be able to throw in it though :p

Ryan Zelazny 07-24-2007 07:34 PM

We actually had a lot of ideas that couldn't be added to DoF due to time constraints.

A remark I keep hearing on the forums is, "this has everything I've ever wanted in an RTS" and thats basically where us as a company are coming from, we started in a modding community, so the founders decided to make a game that had everything they thought should be included in an RTS. Unfortunately everything we wanted to have couldn't get added, so thats where DoF2 comes in.

Silent_Lamb 07-24-2007 11:03 PM

Well that's unfortunate, although not suprising.

I'm sure it would be alright with all the fans (heh, don't take that as if I'm giving you permission) if you guys held back the game to make it exactly the way you wanted it.

The Witch King of Angmar 07-25-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny (Post 590)
We actually had a lot of ideas that couldn't be added to DoF due to time constraints.

A remark I keep hearing on the forums is, "this has everything I've ever wanted in an RTS" and thats basically where us as a company are coming from, we started in a modding community, so the founders decided to make a game that had everything they thought should be included in an RTS. Unfortunately everything we wanted to have couldn't get added, so thats where DoF2 comes in.

Just make sure it has a good storyline. Otherwise just make an expansion for it.

SPARROW94 07-25-2007 01:18 PM

sounds cool to me :D