Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Voice chat (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498)

Lordadamar 02-07-2009 10:29 AM

Voice chat

Seeing that this is an MMO will there be an in game voice chat?

SOE pulled this with EQ2 I know you could just use Ventrillo or Teamspeak but I have found the in game VC's get the people talking that are less computer literate and cant figure out those 3rd party VC's

This would be an awesome add-in especially from an RTS stand point..

Darvin 02-07-2009 01:51 PM

Voice chat isn't as necessary in RTS games because control is discrete and not continuous. I don't need to hold down the forward key to keep a unit moving, I just need to give it an order to move. As a result, there is almost always an opening to quickly type a message with little ramification.

The_Biz 02-07-2009 02:12 PM

depends on how much attention you need to devote

this seems like a game where you will have thousands of units to control. more units might demand more attention and more APM = less time to chat

The Witch King of Angmar 02-07-2009 02:22 PM

I agree. I have never been one for voice chat. It reminds me too much of Xbox.

Darvin 02-07-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Biz (Post 11506)
depends on how much attention you need to devote

this seems like a game where you will have thousands of units to control. more units might demand more attention and more APM = less time to chat

Totally disagree; it takes way less attention to type than to talk.

The_Biz 02-07-2009 10:10 PM

physically, you can voicechat and issue commands to your units at the same time

having a chatbox pop up reduces you to typing and not giving any unit orders while you do it

Darvin 02-08-2009 01:20 PM

I don't know about you, but it takes me under a second to type what I want to say. Typically there are breaks, even in a major battle, where you can afford to send a message.

Personally, I actually find it takes a lot of focus to talk in the middle of a battle, and I basically can't micromanage while talking. Alternately, typing takes relatively little focus and I can express myself quickly and in a manner that does not disrupt the flow of gameplay.

For my part, I certainly wouldn't use voice chat if conventional text chat was available.

fyro11 02-09-2009 12:32 PM

I personally think voice chat would be a good addition, if it doesn't wreck the game.

Andy Joslin 02-09-2009 02:31 PM

This is another unimportant feature that, to be added, would require less time spent on gameplay.

szebus 03-03-2009 04:57 AM

If not voice chat but will there be a mass ingame text chat ?