Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Online part of the game (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497)

AvengingEvil 02-07-2009 10:50 AM

Online part of the game
 
how is the online part of the game going to work. is it going to be instance multiplayer where you start from scratch everytime and destroy the opponents and win... then start all over again or is there going to be one in wich there is a continuous game where you can decide to defeat player or just rule your castle, or is both methods going to be implemented also in multiplayer do we have to only fight real players or is there like npc quests that happen from time to time? also how much impact are our actions going to have in the game world? in know its probably huge but is it going to be like all the other boring mmo where u kill x things rinse and repeat or is it going to be like darkfall where if one person kills a monster no one else can ever do it? wow long post but i am intrested in the mmorts part of the game more than the single player and i want to know if its going to be worth to build a stronghold in mmorts if its just gonna dissapear.

Darvin 02-07-2009 02:52 PM

We do know there will be a standard "skirmish" mode separate from the MMORTS component which will play like a regular RTS where you start with a small town and have to build up an army. We don't have details on how the MMORTS component will function yet, and I'm under the impression that a lot of the details aren't finalized anyways.

Joseph Visscher 02-08-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvengingEvil (Post 11497)
how is the online part of the game going to work. is it going to be instance multiplayer where you start from scratch everytime and destroy the opponents and win... then start all over again or is there going to be one in wich there is a continuous game where you can decide to defeat player or just rule your castle, or is both methods going to be implemented also in multiplayer do we have to only fight real players or is there like npc quests that happen from time to time? also how much impact are our actions going to have in the game world? in know its probably huge but is it going to be like all the other boring mmo where u kill x things rinse and repeat or is it going to be like darkfall where if one person kills a monster no one else can ever do it? wow long post but i am intrested in the mmorts part of the game more than the single player and i want to know if its going to be worth to build a stronghold in mmorts if its just gonna dissapear.


This is unofficial, content may change.
Dawn of fantasy's MMORTS mode will progress from one game to the next, stronghold and everything else included, there is a variety quests that are fun and help you progress a lot faster until you are big enough for a human vs human game. After you are large enough and have armies you can defend your homeland from attack or send them out on the world map to quest locations or fight other player's strongholds, or even intercept other enemy armies for army vs army battles. Your units' stats are kept from one game to the next, so your armies don't only get bigger but also get experienced in fighting. A player can not attack another player that is Offline. If you are in a battle you can quit by paying him off with resources; if you are defeated, your stronghold will be in ruins but not destroyed and you will be set back several in game days (24 real minutes is 24 ingame hours) repairing and rebuilding your armies, but if you defeat your enemies, not only are you and your units more experienced, but you can loot the dead for lots of resources (By the way, Orcs eat the dead while looting).


The Witch King of Angmar 02-08-2009 03:54 PM

Does setting your army back a few days just slow you down as far as advancement. Ex: I bought 5 groups of horses on Day 3 and I lose. It sets me back to Day 1, I won't have those horses. Is that how it works? Also, depending on who you lose to, will the number of days be changed (the better the player, the less days you're set back)?

Thanks

Bryan Oakley 02-08-2009 04:34 PM

It will not physically take your game back in time. What Joseph meant was it may take you several in game days to repair your walls and get your army back up too its previous might. However, nothing in this area has been finalized yet.

Darvin 02-08-2009 06:55 PM

Sounds to me like your countermeasures for "chickening" are a bit weak. Paying a lump sum of resources may be a better deal than allowing your castle to be destroyed, so players will not be encouraged to play to the bitter end. It's demoralizing enough as it is to fight a losing battle, but no one will do it if they can just pay their way out.

nickson104 02-10-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 11533)
Sounds to me like your countermeasures for "chickening" are a bit weak. Paying a lump sum of resources may be a better deal than allowing your castle to be destroyed, so players will not be encouraged to play to the bitter end. It's demoralizing enough as it is to fight a losing battle, but no one will do it if they can just pay their way out.

That is a very well put point and one i personally agree with, why pay perhaps X stone Y wood and Z gold when i could just pay V gold instead... saving resources and it could turn out cheaper and at least time conserving, also what happens if a player were to disconnect or turn his computer off during the game? is that an instant loss or the game is null and void as in most games...

Darvin 02-10-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

also what happens if a player were to disconnect or turn his computer off during the game? is that an instant loss or the game is null and void as in most games...
Should be an instant loss; we don't want to actually encourage this behavior.

nickson104 02-10-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 11607)
Should be an instant loss; we don't want to actually encourage this behavior.

Because its pathetic, unsporting and childish :)

aVeron 02-10-2009 06:05 PM

Instant Ban and loss would be fair.. :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.