DOF VOIP HERE it is! Unoffically
I have decided to make an attempt to improve the social aspect of the game by creating a free voice/text chat server for game players to use while playing the game. Everyone is allowed to join, there is no cost, and it will hold up to 200 people at once. How do I connect? Here is how.
Voice Chat Service - GSC Game Client
1. Download game client and install
2. Create an account
3. Validate Account
Connect to Dawn of Fantasy Server
1. Login to GSC game Client
2. Click on voice Servers
3. Click add and type in the IP address and Port
How do I use this things?
GSC Client is a free game chat server sort of like a combination between the old ICQ and Ventrillo. On entering the voice chat room, you can text chat, private chat, enter a voice room and talk with a microphone. You can maintain a friends list and a clans list among a host of other features.
Why did I pick it?
It's free and can handle up to 200 users at once on a voice server.
I'm having voice problems
I can't help you. Contact GSC support or check the forums. It's a free service so everyone can see who is playing dawn of fantasy and chat with them until the in game chat is improved. Use it or don't use it, but it will probably make your game experience more pleasent.
1. This server is not owned or operated nor is it officially monitored by Reverie Worlds, any of it's employees, or any subsidiaries own therin.
2. Any issues, opinions, statements, political or otherwise do not reflect the values or opinions of reverie world studios or any of it's employees.
3. Any employees of Reverie World's who choose to use said service do so of their own free will and do not implicitly support the GSC Dawn of Fantasy server through their presence.
4. Impersonation of any Reverie World employee will not be tolerated and will result in immediate IP ban.
5. I, Reverie Worlds, It's employees, or it's affiliates, will not be held responsible for the conduct of individuals on this server. It's a free server available to all Dawn of Fantasy Fans.
1. Keep foul language to a minimum
2. No impersonating any Reverie Employees or another player
3. No transmitting any account details of yourself or any other player through voice or text.
4. No transmitting personal details of any player connecting to the server.
5. Keep it family friends, racial statements, harassment, lewd comments, or anything that would not be apropriate on Reverie forums will not be tolerated here.
To Reverie World Employees
If you wish to assist with moderation of the server or use this service to connect with your fans please send me an email and I will have an account created for you with moderator or owner abilities. You know my email there is no need to post it here.
If there are any issues with the server post here in this thread and I will address them as I can.
small problem with this though.no windows 7 supported
I assure you that windows 7 is supported. I am running the client right now on Windows 7 64 bit professional. Ensure you have the microsoft C++ 2008 redistributable installed. If not don't worry, it should prompt you to install it when you install the GSC client and it should do it automatically if you let it.
which ver though?I checked and it shows a few on that site,so not sure which is supposed to be used
This is a great idea, might be easier trying to use something like teamspeak or vent though as thats what most gamers use these days.
I like where this is going - and thanks for starting this. Once we free up our hands from constant patching and adding major new features - we`ll look into adding in-game support for this. Especially once 6 Player PvP battles and alliances are in-game - this would be really helpful.
I'm trying it, will be helpful for me to fix bugs in real time without having to be ingame!
Here is the link
Just click the download button and your all set.
thanks for stopping in the chat and supporting the server. Hopefully more of the staff will come in during the work day and say hi to whoever is around.
I'm signed up and just waiting on the confirm email... *dances impatiently*
Sweet. Joseph is in here now chatting away. I gave him admin rights so you will know he is the real developer. He will be able to give the same rights to any other Reverie member that wants to join. It also protects them from impersonation :)
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.