Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mounted units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493)

nickson104 01-31-2009 04:59 PM

Mounted units

Okay it has been said many times but i think i may have missed something. It has been said that 'many' units could mount/unmount is that limited,
e.g knights can monut/unmount
or hopefully 'i have 5 horses i shall put 2 spearmen, 2 archers and a swordsman on them'
I have only seen a few games implement the second idea but i think it would be amazing to make all human units able to mount horses, orcs probably wouldnt or at least not much elves perhaps... or perhaps you could incorporate it into the unit skill ladder that comes from the rpg side, perhaps you could spend X amount of points to give the unit the ability to mount

Sorry if i am asking questions already asked or answered or have no relevance :)

Puppeteer 02-01-2009 05:52 AM

I don't think that all low-level units should. Archers and spearmen wouldn't necessarily have been trained to ride a horse, let alone be able to wield the weapon when they get up there.

frankein_fish 02-01-2009 07:01 AM

Well as far as i know u can mount most of the human units on horses, not sure about orcs tough but u can atleast mount some of their units on wolfs.
im not sure 'bout the elves since there hasent been alot mentioned on that topic...

Andy Joslin 02-01-2009 02:02 PM

Some elven units will mount unicorns.

Humans - it is still indefinite what will be able to mount.

MrBlack103 02-02-2009 02:50 AM

I think the "training to ride" idea of Nickson's is worth considering.:)

Garry 02-02-2009 03:40 AM

Sorry for offtopic

Who can answer - where I can download or buy this game?

Puppeteer 02-02-2009 04:37 AM

Not yet, it's not been released yet.

Garry 02-03-2009 01:47 AM

When

Maybe somebody know, when it will be released?

nickson104 02-03-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 11452)
I don't think that all low-level units should. Archers and spearmen wouldn't necessarily have been trained to ride a horse, let alone be able to wield the weapon when they get up there.

No truth be told many wouldnt, that would need special training... but wouldnt it be awesome to have a mounted army? it would be costly and time consuming but the speeds would be much improved perhaps at a cost of accuracy but it would be useful :) Many armies revolved around their cavalry... And you cant say you dont get mounted archers... and of course you get lancers and such :)

Another question... can you change your units basic weapons? For example a normal sword into a 2 handed sword, a spear into a pike. For example you get 20 infantry, you give 10 spears 5 swords and 5 maces... or would you simplify it into making different unit sets

Joseph Visscher 02-03-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry (Post 11460)
Maybe somebody know, when it will be released?

When dawn of fantasy is released you might be able to buy and download it from our publisher, Lighthouse Interactive, otherwise you will be able to buy it from stores like other games.
Lighthouse Interactive Dawn of Fantasy web page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 11464)
No truth be told many wouldnt, that would need special training... but wouldnt it be awesome to have a mounted army? it would be costly and time consuming but the speeds would be much improved perhaps at a cost of accuracy but it would be useful :) Many armies revolved around their cavalry... And you cant say you dont get mounted archers... and of course you get lancers and such :)

Another question... can you change your units basic weapons? For example a normal sword into a 2 handed sword, a spear into a pike. For example you get 20 infantry, you give 10 spears 5 swords and 5 maces... or would you simplify it into making different unit sets

We are still actually working on a lot of things including mountable units and what does what. Although already most normal units do have abilities that gives them pros and cons; shield wall, rage, stealth, firearrows to name a few.
Having a two handed swordsman is defiantly a good ability for stronger attacks. Although without his shield he would become sliced and diced in moments against a Grand Master. :p