Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Persistant Changing World Aspect (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4927)

Griegor Mcvennor 11-16-2011 07:08 PM

Persistant Changing World Aspect

Konstantine,
Would it be possible to implement a system where players are able to help shape the world of the game? Most games these days have gotten away from it but I think DOF would be ripe for a community that is directed by employee Game masters. These game masters could direct pvp and pve scenarios for multiple players that would help shape the game world.

For example, GM plays the role of king for the human realms or multiple kings/dukes/etc. He gives out X number of different missions for various players against say the Orcs. Lets say most of the human players fail the missions and the Orc players succeed in countering those missions in PVP or PVE/PVP mix events. You already have territory borders. Now the Orcs are getting the upperhand so the territory border starts to shift as each side begins to win or lose missions. Eventually it could get to the point that the human's have to help defend NPC cities or risk them becoming burned out and looted.

Thing of that nature. I could explain quite a bit more but you get the idea and I want to login and play LOL. Unfortunately this would require a system where GM's would have pre defined missions or a mission generator of some kind that would be able to link to multiple players and keep track of the mission stats.

This may not be possible. Otherwise, it may be better to have it tied into the feature where players can walk around NPC cities. Perhaps players can enter the city with a small army say 5 or 10 squads and an announcement can come out telling players to gather at that city to defend it or maybe a predefined battleground instance that appears to all players logged in.

What I am getting at is that putting in some kind of roleplay/ active mission generation system with Game Master support would help players interact more and give the world a feeling of constant change as a result of player actions.

andreicde 11-16-2011 07:46 PM

I'd be up for that too.You get rewards for making a number of those missions and if your faction wins you get extra rewards or a bigger reward.

Dreamwalker 11-17-2011 05:33 PM

Yeah, I like the sound of this. And you're right, most games never do these kind of things (only one I can think that does is Guild Wars 2 :D ).

It might be hard to put in, but maybe not if it's done slowly over time. The campaigns already have a few missions where the races overlap (like with the wedding missions); it wouldn't be too outrageous to have missions like these where you fighting a player from another race. Depending on who wins, their race gets stuff. Over time, you can add more of these missions (which should be independent of the campaign), and add more and more rewards for winning and punishments for losing (like the thing with the borders).

And having multiple players being called to a city at the same time, and then having to defend it from a bunch of other players, is a great idea for one of these missions.

Wonder what the devs will think of this...

Konstantin Fomenko 11-18-2011 07:35 PM

Griegor Mcvennor

Great post! And this is actually what we had in mind with our Guilds. With Guild leaders putting out Guild Quests. There are relatively simple - attack X players in so and so region, or attack one of the NPC towns of the other race and couple of other types of quests. Guilds should be in-game relatively soon around New Years.

We did also plan defend/capture NPC town gameplay - with NPC towns being defender/attacker by other players - also as part of the Guilds. However we can`t do any permanent changes to the game world, so this is where we have to draw a line.

Gruber12 11-19-2011 11:24 PM

I like the borders idea, Iam waiting for Alex to come out with a Gm announcement :D