Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Breathtaking (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491)

Kratabre 01-30-2009 12:12 PM

Breathtaking

I've got to hand it you guys, this game looks amazing. Innovative gameplay, great new engine, MMORTS, etc.

When this comes out it will set some definite standards in the industry. Your corpse looting idea and the mounting system are unheard of in the RTS genre, the graphics look good, and it sounds like it will have a good balance of Micro and Macro (essential to any RTS). I'm really excited.

Your one flaw? You said it was going to be released early 07, its early 09. There isn't even news of a beta at this point. My question is simple: when will it be released?

Other than that, I applaud Reverie for their excellent work. I intend to purchase DoF and will look into any future titles that you guys release. :)

The Witch King of Angmar 01-30-2009 12:45 PM

It will hopefully be released spring or summer of 09. A beta should be soon.

Andy Joslin 01-30-2009 02:14 PM

You would not be saying 'breathtaking' if we released in '07. You'd be saying 'mediocre'. :)

An extra two years gives us time to make a really great game.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Joseph Visscher 01-30-2009 02:40 PM

I don't think it would be "mediocre" in 2007 it would be "Give me my money back"; and this is what we do not want our customers to say in 2009. Therefore we are going to release when the game is finished and ready, I for one, do not think Dawn of Fantasy should be rushed at all like so many other games.
one thing I do think we need is a update to our media and sites,,, they are pretty much all wrong on release dates.

Seen as all of the sites and release dates are wrong they should be updated with the official one huh?
The official date of release is:
xx/xx/2009
(x is unknown number)

just kidding, sort of. :p

Darvin 01-30-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

I for one, do not think Dawn of Fantasy should be rushed at all like so many other games.
Or any title for that matter. It's always refreshing when someone puts forth the time and effort to do things right, although to be fair many don't have that opportunity. That's why I've got my hopes up for DoF.

iceblast 01-30-2009 03:20 PM

yea i think the web needs updating.

u say the game will be good are u sure??

joke :P i await paitently until i can preorder from play or amazon :L

The_Biz 01-30-2009 03:57 PM

release date:

xx/xx/20xx

Darvin 01-30-2009 10:36 PM

We can be certain of 2009 this time around; they're on the hook with a publisher, after all.

The Witch King of Angmar 01-31-2009 12:05 PM

If not a release, Reverie should give us something. I'd be fine with another video or two. But, I'd love to try out the beta more than anything. :D :D :D

Sacrelege 05-12-2009 06:45 AM

i cant wait untill this game goes live, or beta if i can get in ;) ive been waiting for this game ever since my first rts so a few more months isnt going to kill me...i suppose:)