Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Petition to remove in game shop (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4869)

Dman 11-05-2011 06:38 PM

Petition to remove in game shop

I bought this game last night and i was unaware that there was an in game shop, if i had of known that there was one i wouldnt have bought the game, people should be informed of this aspect before they buy the game. Here are a few reasons why i think this should be removed.

1. I believe that once we have paid for this game we shouldent have to continue paying just to use it to its full extent.
2. The shop can potentially give people that are willing to pay an unfair advantage.
3. It lessons the value of actualy achieving anything because the next guy can do the same thing in far less time if he is willing to spend the $$$

This is not an exhaustive list feel free to add. I ask my fellow gamers to sign this petition if they agree so please put SIGNED at the begining of your post followed by anything else you wish to add. :)

Dreamwalker 11-05-2011 06:57 PM

Erm, well...SINGED. Sort of.

Because there's one really important thing that's missing from your post: the fact that in the shop, you buy all that cool stuff with influence/wealth points (there both the same thing, but both names are used in different places). You get these points from completing quests and fighting in PvP; these points are also used to research technologies and are needed to start building walls.

Now what you're talking about is getting rid of the option to pay real money for these points, and I guess I have to agree with you there. But what I definitely don't agree with is getting rid of the market entirely, because it's a way to get special units you can't get any other way at the moment; and in the future, this is how a lot of new content will get added.

So, yes and no. Yes, I don't think you should be able to use real money to buy advantages; but no, I do think that the market itself is a good idea and should definitely be kept.

Dman 11-05-2011 07:02 PM

correction i was only refering to the part of the shop where you pay real $$$ for benefits.

Sorry i should have been clearer but essentaily i hope people and the developers will get what i am trying to say.

Dreamwalker 11-05-2011 07:10 PM

Yeah, I kinda thought that, but just wanted to make sure; I don't want to sign a petition that stops me from getting dwarves and dragons! ;)

But it would be nice if they took out the real money thing; though it might not be a huge difference now, as more stuff shows up in the market paying with real money will get to be a bigger and bigger advantage; might as well stop it now.

Good luck with your petition! :D

andreicde 11-05-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamwalker (Post 65739)
Yeah, I kinda thought that, but just wanted to make sure; I don't want to sign a petition that stops me from getting dwarves and dragons! ;)

But it would be nice if they took out the real money thing; though it might not be a huge difference now, as more stuff shows up in the market paying with real money will get to be a bigger and bigger advantage; might as well stop it now.

Good luck with your petition! :D

that would be impossible though,they need money to actually have a constant revenue as well.I don't mind for shop influence though,since getting a town fully ready doesn't take that long and besides the advantages bought aren't that big.Like right now the best investment might be the dwarf cannon (yes I say well MIGHT). So as long as they don't have imba stuff you can buy only in the shop without having a way to acquire points,it's cool.

Dman 11-05-2011 09:48 PM

you may be right i understand they will need a constant source of revenue to continue maintaning the game, thats only fair. I do however hope that that take into account the potential for imbalancing that this method generates and also as i mentioned before the sense of accomplishment of building a city or an army is greatly diminished when you can simply buy it.

perhaps a subscription type of setup, although i would expect the game be completly finished and bug free before they ask for subscription, maybe the shop method could remain untill the game is complete.

andreicde 11-05-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 65744)
you may be right i understand they will need a constant source of revenue to continue maintaning the game, thats only fair. I do however hope that that take into account the potential for imbalancing that this method generates and also as i mentioned before the sense of accomplishment of building a city or an army is greatly diminished when you can simply buy it.

perhaps a subscription type of setup, although i would expect the game be completly finished and bug free before they ask for subscription, maybe the shop method could remain untill the game is complete.

no actually I'm against subs since they never last. Look at Lotro. It was a sub game then changed into a sub with f2p,then sub with f2p and more mall stuff and now sub but if you buy from store you have to buy tons of stuff.I have faith our devs will balance the shop since they actually play the game as well here so they know when something is too much.

GPS51 11-05-2011 11:32 PM

Well right now the shop is for eye candy and for buying resources. You don't have to use it. You won't be matched up with players who are lots stronger then you. So players can't use the shop to gank other players. I like the option of buying "special/eye candy units" with either cash or just by playing the game (currently the way it is) I don't see a need to take the shop out as it stands :)

Danny Vink 11-06-2011 12:11 AM

The fact that the game has an in-game shop is actually advertised around the website. But as GPS51 stated, you won't run into any issues if you choose not to pay for anything in game. You are matched against people your own level

szebus 11-06-2011 02:45 AM

Against that petition, I believe the game needs a shop like this with real money as real money makes the game to develop further.