Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Pub (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   stronghold 3 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4848)

Gruber12 11-01-2011 08:56 AM

stronghold 3

wow.... jsut wow. Firefly have murdered a great game series. I finished downloading today and could only handle 20 mins of gameplay before having to turn it off. They have taken a game with such potential, threw it against the wall, set it on fire then violated it until it started to cut itself. The economy aspect is completely destroyed, siegfe warfare is just watching some guys with swords knock down your stone walls and food production is about building as many farms as possible so you can support more peasents to work in more farms so you can support more peasents to work in even more farms just so you can have a small amount of food in your granary 10% of the time.

I suggest keeping away from this game or killing it with fire

Oratory 11-01-2011 09:13 AM

I sadly have to agree. I hate seeing such a good series of game go down the drain like that. Lets just hope they have as dedicated people as reverie have to make stronghold 3 good with some time.

Gruber12 11-01-2011 09:14 AM

stronghold crusader was the first one i played and i was stuck on it for years, iam completely disappointed in it :(

Konstantin Fomenko 11-01-2011 10:38 AM

I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games. And there I was picking up Stronghold 3 - thinking - maybe I`ll see some cool stuff - some gameplay ideas to include in DoF or our next game…
Well - let me put it mildly - I didn`t see any ideas worth “copying”. I do think I got my 50$ worth though - Stronghold 3 made me feel great about our own DoF`s release - sure DoF has bugs, but woah… at least game installs in English and not French. And we do patch like 10X more...

Dreamwalker 11-02-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 65499)
I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games.

Never thought of that, but so true-the sieges just scream stronghold! :D

I haven't bought Stronghold 3, and now, I think I can safely say that I never will. Wonder why the ruined the series like that, though.

andreicde 11-02-2011 07:19 PM

yeah I played stronghold 1 and 2 and I used to love them.I checked reviews on stronghold 3,disaster.I checked their forums,people were dying to get their money back.And from what I heard,it's just terrible. Soldiers that can attack stone walls,wolves that can jump over the walls,etc. I understand reverie's DOF has bugs,but that's normal considering it's a small company but I never expected that from a big company like firefly. But then again big companies are start to fail even more,look at DA2.

Gruber12 11-02-2011 09:34 PM

well hopefully bethesda and bioware keep it together for skyrim, dragon age 3, bioshock3 and mass effect 3

andreicde 11-02-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruber12 (Post 65591)
well hopefully bethesda and bioware keep it together for skyrim, dragon age 3, bioshock3 and mass effect 3

bioware will fail with dragon age 3 for a good reason:They plan to keep the parts they added to DA2. In other words it will still be fast attack style ,recycled areas and boring quests.That's basically what made DA2 fail. Trying to please old fans and also kids who like fast action games.Go figure why us mature DA:O fans don't like DA2 when you see the warrior in DA 2 with 2 handed hammers acting as if he had a toy hammer,mage acting like a martial artist with his staff and rogue jumping all over the place and teleporting behind the enemies,you know something is wrong.

And apparently the staff were proud of their work on DA2 and got mad on the fans who didn't liked their work .So apparently it's our mistake for not appreciating their new style. Oh and I forgot to add they removed choices and dialog from DA2. you know how you could have choices on the ashes,werewolves/elves ,dwarf king and so on?that's gone or leads to same events. And the dialog is so lame that instead of the usual choices they went with a ''funny '' dialog, arrogant dialog or nice(good person) dialog. No more choices,you can just pick good,bad or jester and that's about it.Yep big improvement from DA:O to DA2.

Joseph Visscher 11-02-2011 10:33 PM

Sure hope we do not do the same thing with Dawn of Fantasy 3! ;) :p I skipped it but i really like i economy in stronghold 2, walls in all the stronghold games that i found where insanely weak, feels really weak, wooden walls, swordsman cut them down!
I think walls should be an asset to control over against your opponent, whether you are attacking or defending...

karamot 11-03-2011 04:04 AM

stronghold 3 is not a game

its just an amatorial comic created by some java designer....

no graphic, no videos, no contents, its an alpha of some kinda games like