Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   unit suggestions (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48)

kingtom256 07-23-2007 04:18 PM

unit suggestions

I think here we should be able to make SUITABLE suggestions about new units.

I would like to make a few first.

I would like to see specific goblin units in the orc faction. Such as goblin skirmishers, with daggers. Or goblin beserkers. Orc witches, the best back up unit anyone should have, enchanting units. Also, ogre rock throwers, a powerful ranged unit.

So what do you think?

Ryan Zelazny 07-23-2007 05:17 PM

Welcome to the forums Kingtom.

We actually have 2 goblin units already, a goblin warrior and a goblin archer.

Orc's do have a spellcaster, though his name hasn't been confirmed yet, I believe he's either a Warlock or a Mor.

We are debating giving ogres the ability to throw rocks, they already help so much in siege with their giant clubs, they can smash through walls or doors quite effciently.

Good idea with suggesting units, you never know you guys might come up with something we will use, or perhaps it might be an easter-egg or an editor-only unit.

jap88 07-23-2007 05:35 PM

Men should probably have seperate crossbow and regular bow units IMO, each offers a distinct advantage in certain situations. Bows have a much longer range and don't take as long to reload, but the crossbows are much more powerful.
There are a lot of possibilities really, it's just coming up with one that realistically fits in the game without throwing off balance and such.

Darvin 07-23-2007 08:30 PM

Well, not knowing much about the gameplay yet, there's only so much we can suggest. However, I must say that given that there's a draconic faction, there definitely should be at least one unit with multiple heads.

Silent_Lamb 07-24-2007 01:54 AM

Hmm. Here's me referencing another game again, my apologies if it's getting on anyones nerves.

Most games have that one unit besides the hero that is so unexplainably bad ass that you just love using them. Because I don't know what units you have in the game I can't really suggest one, but I would think there definately needs to be a unit like the Ninja's from Shogun Total War, those units you just love to use.

I would like to see crossbowmen, I forget their names, the ones with shields on their backs. When they go to reload they turn around so the shields are facing their enemies, making them excellent against other ranged units.

I don't know how the devs are going with dragons but they should have some sort of underground unit that can travel under the surface, pop up and grab individual soldiers, and then burrow back under. At that time maybe it could be attackable, trying to get back under ground before it gets pelted with arrows or stabbed with swords.

Humans should have some sort of infantry unit capable of ensaring flying units, or maybe it could simply be a crossbowmen ability, to fire a net up and bring the unit down. It could be combined with a fire units ability, they could cast fire on it and set the net (maybe presented as a net dosed in some sort of flamable liquid) on fire.

An infantry unit for the humans capable of forming the testudo or some variation of it would be interesting. Good for fairing against arrow attacks and fire breathing dragons, but then the dragon could sweep down and knock the units out of formation, then they get pelted by arrows. Or, as mentioned above, the unit that burrows under ground could come under neath and gobble them up or knock them out of formation.

All I've got for now.

Sharku 08-01-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 550)
Well, not knowing much about the gameplay yet, there's only so much we can suggest. However, I must say that given that there's a draconic faction, there definitely should be at least one unit with multiple heads.

Yes hydra would be awesome :)

SPARROW94 08-01-2007 10:43 AM

wow not cool i did not know this thread was here

Sharku 08-01-2007 10:47 AM

Trolls and Cyclops for Orcs?

SPARROW94 08-01-2007 10:47 AM

umm dont know wat ya getting at

Sharku 08-01-2007 10:48 AM

Would Trolls and Cyclops be cool units for Orcs? Or are they better suited for Dragons?