Thoughts for the game
I've only been playing for a couple of weeks now. I have a couple tangible ideas and a few themes that I think would be beneficial to the game in the long run.
Suggestions / Tangibles:
I'm not suggesting that all points be implemented, but there are a number of different options under each suggestion.
Edit: I added a few more thoughts in there. I have more, but i'm trying to focus this thread on easier to accomplish items rather than big shifts in gameplay.
Reserved - If the thread gets larger, I would like to use this space to summarize others comments / ideas into a consolidated list.
I disagree with the armies that shouldn't be lost. As long as it's not a dragon,losing the army barely affects you because you can easily train them back.Does it takes time?yes but it's achievable and easy. There is no reason why someone would be afraid to use their lvl 10.
Also the storage right now it's fine but I wouldn't mind buying some ''banks'' to store more resources.
Some very interesting suggestions - especially the ability to send resources back to the homeland! I agree with all of them, and most require minimum work. I'll make sure that we toss some of these ideas around. :)
Since level 10 is capped for units atm (not counting heroes) I too am hoping for ways to hang on to high lvl units and get special armor/titles/names for them and I'd support ransoming them back as well.
Seriously-good ideas!:D I especcially like the idea of constantly paying gold for merc upkeep; and sending resources back to the city sounds way better than having to run back and forth.
But yeah, if you have more thoughts, go ahead and post them!
1. MMO's are not about having a time sink, but having a big playerbase, and being able to team up in large scale "events". But i do agree on what you say, building up your town should take longer.
2. Well citys are for training troops, it's a MMORTS, not a MMO-build-your-castle-and-manage-economy.
3. balance issues will get better and better as time goes. And mercs should honestly be removed. Units SHOULD die, thats where the RTS comes in, you have to use your units smart, if you dont want to loose something, dont get it, or have it in a "safe" place.
4. Due to buldings taking time to build, i find this game kinda casual as it is already. Casual players start a building, and logg off. Hardcore players start a building, spend some wealth to speed it up, and go for some PvP to get the wealth back.
5. All i can say is that i agree with you here :)
"Remove unit / upgrade caps"
Just no, this would make this game more of a hardcore game, instead of a skillbased game, or possibly just split up the playerbase more, as higher tech players would end up getting a even higher army strenght.
"Merc / Trainable units"
As i said above, i think that they should be removed. But your ideas about having an upkeep sounds good, aswell as them not being able to get exp.
"Increased storage capacity of main city"
i kinda like the low storage, this makes it so you have to store some resources on unsafe places. This is a PvP game afterall, nothing should be safe.
I dont even think you should be able to train them at all. Units should get stronger from battle experience.
"Send resources home"
This would just make the game "easier", if you want to get some of the resources to your town, get an escorted cart army to move home with it. If they get attacked they will, as i said before it's a pvp game.
I like the PvE ones, but ONLY if you loose the troops that you loose in the scenario.
This means, that in the wave defense scenario, you will be able to pull out troops, if you move them to a specific place on the map, so if you play smart you can save all your troops. And if you play bad, you might end up loosing some.
The first PvP one sounds good, but this should be a coop scenario tbh, where you play 2v2 or even higher.
Grouping up will, afaik be added sooner or later. Getting the pvp lag and desyncs fixed before is of more importance though.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.