Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mounted Grandmasters overpowered (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4711)

Freor 10-16-2011 07:12 AM

Mounted Grandmasters overpowered
 
Not entirely sure its the name of the unit "Mounted Grandmasters" but i mean those elven horsemen, the ones with melee weapons and some sort of charge.. Those can wipe army 2x their size in 10seconds without taking almost any damage.

Sad thing is there is sometimes 100str Mounted Grandmaster armies wiping out newbies first armies.. giving very poor picture of the game for new players... would be good to get fix to this bug as soon as possible.

Also before implementing sieges, would be nice to fix the bug where you can instantly reload catapult by moving the catapult and re-attacking right after catapult has fired.. this bug would make it too easy to get through walls.

White935 10-16-2011 08:17 AM

please delete the catapult exploit part, and PM it to Kon.

Konstantin Fomenko 10-16-2011 09:51 AM

Thanks for the report about Catapult exploit, I edited your post. Also all clear about GM - but lets give it few more days before nurfing MGMs even more, we really tried to balance them in last night`s patch, it should be much better now..

andreicde 10-16-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freor (Post 64459)
Not entirely sure its the name of the unit "Mounted Grandmasters" but i mean those elven horsemen, the ones with melee weapons and some sort of charge.. Those can wipe army 2x their size in 10seconds without taking almost any damage.

Sad thing is there is sometimes 100str Mounted Grandmaster armies wiping out newbies first armies.. giving very poor picture of the game for new players... would be good to get fix to this bug as soon as possible.

Also before implementing sieges, would be nice to fix the bug where you can instantly reload catapult by moving the catapult and re-attacking right after catapult has fired.. this bug would make it too easy to get through walls.

did you had pikes when you got attacked by MGMs?

Zanderscotx 10-16-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freor (Post 64459)
Not entirely sure its the name of the unit "Mounted Grandmasters" but i mean those elven horsemen, the ones with melee weapons and some sort of charge.. Those can wipe army 2x their size in 10seconds without taking almost any damage.

Sad thing is there is sometimes 100str Mounted Grandmaster armies wiping out newbies first armies.. giving very poor picture of the game for new players... would be good to get fix to this bug as soon as possible.

Also before implementing sieges, would be nice to fix the bug where you can instantly reload catapult by moving the catapult and re-attacking right after catapult has fired.. this bug would make it too easy to get through walls.

Grand Masters just got nerf in last nights patch, there blade frenzy was reduce by half from +150 armor to 60. I actually find Bladestorms to be more usful in other situation.

Magicmud83 10-16-2011 12:05 PM

Full cav armys good vs everything but pikes.
Pikes bad vs everything but cav.

This doesn't work a couple of pikes in a mixed cant handle all those cav when currently the cav run right through units, they should be stopped in their tracks when hitting a unit or turn around they way they came. What we are dealing with now for example you place pikes in the front and the cav rush head on into the pikes and run right through them into the archers and softer melee eating them up while the pikes case after them, in a matter of seconds all your units but the pikes are dead and now its a couple of pikes vs a full cav army with 100% damage and healing abilitys.

Freor 10-16-2011 01:17 PM

You guys dont understand how seriously overpowered they are... there isnt even a battle... MGM just simply charge over your army and it disappears in 5seconds. my 250str army of swordmen and archers just got wiped out in 5-10 seconds and i dont think i killed any of em.

andreicde 10-16-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freor (Post 64503)
You guys dont understand how seriously overpowered they are... there isnt even a battle... MGM just simply charge over your army and it disappears in 5seconds. my 250str army of swordmen and archers just got wiped out in 5-10 seconds and i dont think i killed any of em.

cavs are strong against dismounted units except pikes.

White935 10-16-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreicde (Post 64506)
cavs are strong against dismounted units except pikes.

Horsemen good speed, they can trample, they shouldnt be Superior to meele infantry in a meele.

They should be good for X reasons: speed, mobility, Ability to RUn throught formations and shattering them, while dealing decent dmg, they shouldnt be Standing still and doing regular meele against a meele soldier.

andreicde 10-16-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White935 (Post 64508)
Horsemen good speed, they can trample, they shouldnt be Superior to meele infantry in a meele.

They should be good for X reasons: speed, mobility, Ability to RUn throught formations and shattering them, while dealing decent dmg, they shouldnt be Standing still and doing regular meele against a meele soldier.

yeah about that I was wondering too.I never really saw it though,98% of the time I use trample to ravage everything.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.