Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   crown/influence (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4631)

karamot 10-11-2011 06:08 PM

crown/influence

personally from what i have understood until now from game, crown can ge gathered by quest and pvp won

technically its ok, but....

just think about crown, or incluence as other call, what can we do with that?
atm u can spend crown to buy some upgrade (1/3 crown per upgrade generally), or enforce your town, or principally to buy dragons or other special units...

but i think this system is not so good

with very low crown u can easily buy all upgrade, and build all towers and walls
i got about 20 crown from pvp and other from quest, and my town is ended, my upgrade are about half, and im not a draon buyer (only loser imho buy dragon to win)
so what can i do with crown?

i have a proposal

crown needed to becore stronger and have greater army, how?

into town i can upgrade my army until 5, no more
crown could be spent to go over, maybe until 8 (9 and 10 only for very veteran army)
secondary, and imho most important: when pvp fight will be more stable, crown will be gained if win, but lost if u lose battle

oh too hard i hear from ppl wont lose crown, but i think only best player have to get crown, and so greater army
looser, or noobs, must be penalized to army max lvl 5 (obviosuly army can upgrade alone fighting, using crown is only a fastway)

to do an example
1 vs 1
if u win u get 3 crown
if lose u lose 1

so crown will spawn up for all community

there could be other solution, but pls give sense to crown
i saw a guy won 30 crown in a fight, pratically he can end all town and upgrade with a single fight, why play more ?

nuraiel 10-12-2011 12:51 AM

I very much don't like this idea and this is for a few reasons:

1. We do not know what the devs still have in store for us with the.. uh store. There may be other things to buy than dwarfs an dragons that could make you want to spent some serious crowns. Keep in mind there is also some promise of navy and naval combat on the horizon, if I remember right.

2. People paid for that, as soon as the micro payment is active again, there will be people who spent money for their crowns, partly because they have no time to get them otherwise, it would suck for them to lose them this way.

3. You would make this game unenjoyable for everyone who is not good at PvP and does not keep up with the cookiecutter tactics (implying there is one right then), as you have no real choice to avoid PvP, especially once city combat is activated you would scare of a lot of casual gamers, and people who suck at PvP. (Coincidentally I do that :D )

So yeah, give us more ways to spent our crowns - but absolutley "no" to punishing sub par players :)

Regards
Nura

Firetongue 10-12-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamot (Post 63660)

i have a proposal

crown needed to becore stronger and have greater army, how?

into town i can upgrade my army until 5, no more
crown could be spent to go over, maybe until 8 (9 and 10 only for very veteran army)
secondary, and imho most important: when pvp fight will be more stable, crown will be gained if win, but lost if u lose battle

Agree with this, i got 500 crowns and nothing to spend them on, and i have merely played anything on my human city the last 5-6 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamot (Post 63660)
oh too hard i hear from ppl wont lose crown, but i think only best player have to get crown, and so greater army
looser, or noobs, must be penalized to army max lvl 5 (obviosuly army can upgrade alone fighting, using crown is only a fastway)

to do an example
1 vs 1
if u win u get 3 crown
if lose u lose 1

so crown will spawn up for all community

I can not agree with this, if you get attacked and lose you shouldn't lose any crowns. If you attack someone and you lose on the other hand.... but this would make the game way more defensive, no honestly i think you always needs to gain crowns.

karamot 10-12-2011 06:45 AM

so this is not a pvp game?

so what is this? a the sims medieval fantasy?
maybe im wrong completely when i bought this game , thought it was a good medieval simulator

about crown paid, its easy to change function
when u pay, u get another kind of token, that can be used only in shop

in game we can use another token like HONOR, that u can spend to upgrade troops, for example

imho if u dont give penalization, u dont give a good motivation to fight as well, because who is loosing, just quit game, and retry another until he win, this is the DEAD of strategic game

pratically in this way all leave battle that cant win, so game sucks....

Sleeper 10-12-2011 10:13 AM

No, this is not hardcore pvp game with Pay to win feature.

And no this game sucks only for you.

You play cause you wanna have some fun...if youre not having fun...dont play...its simple.

Wealth will be used to buy expansion packs, special units, resources or speed up building proces.
Im sure devs will give other options later on.

karamot 10-12-2011 11:06 AM

lol already blamer.....

well if dev have a game concept based on fair play, maybe i have to ask refund.....

i really cant understand this gameplay, atm seems a single player game with save game and load game lol

White935 10-12-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeper (Post 63737)
No, this is not hardcore pvp game with Pay to win feature.

And no this game sucks only for you.

You play cause you wanna have some fun...if youre not having fun...dont play...its simple.

Wealth will be used to buy expansion packs, special units, resources or speed up building proces.
Im sure devs will give other options later on.

I support this. thought personally i hope they add PAID expensionpacks rather than for crowns. perhaps add Partial (so you can pay Crowns for a discount) cost in real money, so that the company/dev's Earn extra to keep em going.

ThatguyAds1298 10-12-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White935 (Post 63753)
I support this. thought personally i hope they add PAID expensionpacks rather than for crowns. perhaps add Partial (so you can pay Crowns for a discount) cost in real money, so that the company/dev's Earn extra to keep em going.

Yes i agree with this, I would really prefer that expansion packs : Bought through the website with money. And and crowns just used for items from the store. My reason is same as white935's. Crowns are quite easy to get in game and buying expansions with them would not be very profitable for the company and they must make a profit to keep on supporting the game with patches and features.

Magicmud83 10-12-2011 11:55 AM

On the other hand being able to buy expansions with crowns will keep people more active and playing the game while the save up. The more active the players are the higher chance they bring their friends along to join them and the better hype it gets on gamer websites which would increase sales. With so many other MMO's on the market being able to get expansions just for playing sets this game apart for the others and is pretty nice for thoses without alot of spare cash to spend.

Making a new type of crowns from cash users that made market items and expansions half the normal crowns price could keep the grinders happy so they save money and the people with less time to play happy as long as they dont over do it and give a really large egde to the cash users turning this into a P2W.

White935 10-12-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicmud83 (Post 63766)
On the other hand being able to buy expansions with crowns will keep people more active and playing the game while the save up. The more active the players are the higher chance they bring their friends along to join them and the better hype it gets on gamer websites which would increase sales. With so many other MMO's on the market being able to get expansions just for playing sets this game apart for the others and is pretty nice for thoses without alot of spare cash to spend.

Making a new type of crowns from cash users that made market items and expansions half the normal crowns price could keep the grinders happy so they save money and the people with less time to play happy as long as they dont over do it and give a really large egde to the cash users turning this into a P2W.

Yeah my step would work no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by White935 (Post 63753)

Simply If you Pay per say 100 crowns into the expansion pack The price on the Store for the digital expeansion pack drops by per say 45% and you have to pay the remains with your own credit card to activate the expansion.

on the other hand, expansion packs should be optional, so even without it you should still be able to fight against the new races, but you'll be unable to make a city of your own as one.