Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Impossible to PvP appeal to the Devs (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4554)

Sunleader 10-08-2011 04:21 PM

Impossible to PvP appeal to the Devs

Well after another 5 Battles my Statistic has not become better

So Far I have 5 Victorys, 3 Defeats, 41 Out of Sync and maybe about 20 or 30 tries were the Searching for Battle Screen did not stop anymore and I forced me to crash the game

Just now I tried 5 times to PvP
well over 50 Influence should have been awarded yet I got 0 Influence since every single Battle went out of sync
and every single battle went out of Sync AFTER I already engaged into the Battle
so I lost Units for nothing

I once more try to Appeal to the Devs
pls either fix those Issues
or at least make some workaround till you fix it
by simply awarding Influence at the Beginning of a Battle or for Kills during the Battle
or by deciding the Victor by most kills when it goes out of sync
or anything like that

Greetz Sun
ps I am sorry for those whose Armys I partly crushed today without even awarding Influence for it

Safey18 10-08-2011 07:55 PM

Yeah I'm out syncing in 90% of fights now too. Seems to be my first attack causes it to happen. It sucks because now I have 5 full 60 battalion armies and my town also being full so theres not much to do but PvP and I LOVE the PvP in this game. I'll keep lvling troops till they work out the syncing issue.

Sunleader 10-09-2011 11:38 AM

Bumping this in hope the Devs notice
this is a very annoying thing after all

Jarno Montonen 10-09-2011 12:30 PM

Hey, obviously this is a very high priority issue but there are a lot of reasons why OOS can happen. One being attempts to cheat by either player. Now, we are not aware of any cases and don't believe that this is really the reason. Anyway, we'll do our best to get the numbers of OOSs down asap.

Sunleader 10-09-2011 05:11 PM

Actually as I said
since this is a Big Issue with alot of work involved (yes I know what I am talking about)

I would still ask to make a walkaround for this
by at least having the Server decide a Victor upon losses and award the Influence so its not a total waste to pvp

as for the matter itself

Out of Sync most basic reason is lag

If Processing of Unit Damage and Movement is done by several Mashines it can go different ways depending on the ping

One guy is Giving an Order to his Units on his own Mashine while the other Mashine still is informed about the Unit going without orders
now Mashine one has been retreating Units for about 2 seconds
and Mashine two has been fighting with those Units for about 2 seconds

Health and Position of the Unit will be different on Both Mashines now
causing a Syncronization fault

Strategy Games on Lan usually give Priority to the Server in that case
means the Server Player will give the status to the other Mashines and will override the Data

Online based Strategy Games however cant work by this
as there is no Player as Server
so usually its done by processing only graphical data on the Client and leave all Gameplay Procession to the Server

However in this Game the Client seems to be Processing the complete Gameplay himself

So to stop Syncronization Errors there are two possible ways

1. Allow the Mashines to Override each others Data
which would bring up the question which Mashine will be prioritized

2. Let all Data run over the Server to have the Server create a syncronization lag for both Mashines causing both Mashines to receive the Processing Data with a syncronized delay and those be able to process the data without syncronization errors

Safey18 10-09-2011 06:28 PM

What Sun said xD. Theres no way this can be cheating. If you play with an army over about 300 strength you will get OOS. It is happening to EVERYONE so unless everyone is cheating I'm gonna say thats not the issue.

axal011 10-09-2011 09:34 PM

I wouldn't know. As far as I do know, every battle i had that was less than 100 strengh didn't oos.. which is why i never have a huge army.

Safey18 10-09-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axal011 (Post 63225)
I wouldn't know. As far as I do know, every battle i had that was less than 100 strengh didn't oos.. which is why i never have a huge army.

Yeah very small amounts of troops like 100 strength don't lag much and therefore don't OOS. It's just when you want to use a real army ;) haha

Joseph Visscher 10-09-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunleader (Post 63193)
Actually as I said
since this is a Big Issue with alot of work involved (yes I know what I am talking about)

I would still ask to make a walkaround for this
by at least having the Server decide a Victor upon losses and award the Influence so its not a total waste to pvp

as for the matter itself

Out of Sync most basic reason is lag

If Processing of Unit Damage and Movement is done by several Mashines it can go different ways depending on the ping

One guy is Giving an Order to his Units on his own Mashine while the other Mashine still is informed about the Unit going without orders
now Mashine one has been retreating Units for about 2 seconds
and Mashine two has been fighting with those Units for about 2 seconds

Health and Position of the Unit will be different on Both Mashines now
causing a Syncronization fault

Strategy Games on Lan usually give Priority to the Server in that case
means the Server Player will give the status to the other Mashines and will override the Data

Online based Strategy Games however cant work by this
as there is no Player as Server
so usually its done by processing only graphical data on the Client and leave all Gameplay Procession to the Server

However in this Game the Client seems to be Processing the complete Gameplay himself

So to stop Syncronization Errors there are two possible ways

1. Allow the Mashines to Override each others Data
which would bring up the question which Mashine will be prioritized

2. Let all Data run over the Server to have the Server create a syncronization lag for both Mashines causing both Mashines to receive the Processing Data with a syncronized delay and those be able to process the data without syncronization errors

All of your examples are sadly false. The game works in beats of 0.25 seconds, which is 250ms or within 250 Ping, every command you make it sent to the other player(s) as well as all of their commands inwhich each player simulates the game then by locally per beat, the next beat will not begin until all packets are received for that beat. Out of sync happens if unit health damage etc etc many different things are not the same atwhich time an out of sync dump log is written detailing that player's stats of everything ingame running, which we can compare the two logs of each players to find where it went out of sync.

The main enemy right now behind out of sync is extremely rare coding errors, which are being fixed asap, but logs of these are welcome. There should be reward if it goes out of sync but it should also close the game fully afterwards as this will reduce the number of out of syncs as these errors will no longer influence the game.

If both players fully exit the game and go back in then start a pvp match the odds of the game going out of sync will be greatly reduced.

Either way, it will be fixed in time and I am very sorry we did not have the time to fix it before release, But please remember Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Safey18 10-10-2011 01:09 AM

Hmm well if OOSing is because of very rare things why does every battle that I use my full army in go OOS. I'm talking literally over 30 games in a row on different days. Well hopefully you guys do work it out :D does distance (around the world) from the other player or server contribute to OOSing?

Edit: I actually think it could be either my dragon or my bugged archers that are causing me to OOS. I just did a PvP with 54 battalions of brand new archers and I didn't OOS. Everytime I shoot a fireball with my dragon I OOS just after it hits the ground.