Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The ork suggestion thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4519)

ThatguyAds1298 10-07-2011 09:59 AM

The ork suggestion thread
 
So anyways thought id make this thread to see if we can brainstorm some ideas for the good ol ork race when it comes to all things.

A few things to keep in mind i suppose are that orks are generally supposed to be a weak defense but strong 'swarm' offense race to play, At the moment though they are very weak in offense but hopefully the balance patch wil change this of course, But lets see if we can get any ideas going.

Ill start i guess, Heres a few ideas i had :

-Increase orc population cap / army size

Now this one is a bit of a debate since orcs do get a lot of units in their unit groups, However they are a swarming offense race and thus maybe they should have a bigger pop cap and army size then the other races.

-Faster spawn rate of great hut OR Huts spawn orcs but at slower rate (Credit to Gwydion for this one)

This one basicly speaks for itself, The spawn rate can be very slow at times, i dont know if its a bug or what but orcs are a horde basicly and maybe should spawn a little faster? (Only orcs... not goblins!), or huts spawn orcs but at a much slower rate then the great hut.

-More units in a group

They swarm.

-More hp

I was in two minds whether to suggest this one for orc units, What made me think 'go for it Adam' is because orcs are supposed to be tough.

-Less ranged focus for orcs, More for goblins (Forest orcs excluded)

'Me orc... me smash!' Sounds good dont it? I think orcs are true melee in many ways and should therefor not be very good with bows, Except the forest orcs, Who gain a bonus to ranged attack due to their location perks. i think Goblins should be the ranged fighters for the orc race of swamp and desert... again my opinion i just think ti would work a lot better for them, it would give the goblins purpose if they were made ranged only and given a bit of a boost.

This is of course just my opinion so balance issues will definetly have to be taken into account obviously, Just a few suggestion to make the orcs a little stronger in the game and allow them to stand up to the humans and elves to which they fight.

Any other suggestions? What do you think?

andreicde 10-07-2011 10:04 AM

good ideas. +1 here. and no suggestions coming from me,never played orcs but they do seem a bit weak

White935 10-07-2011 10:07 AM

Dont make the marauder weaker <.< thats our main backbone unit. desert swamp or forest. you'll need em for when you need to defend your cities. those goblins are enmssed and mot exactly suitable for the walls. Marauders are pretty balanced as it is atm. you'd just need to generally buff the other units (exludeing ogre, ogre seems balanced from my experience). Wargs seems great too. while very unefficent in combat, their howl ability is superb if used in waves.

Gwydion 10-07-2011 10:11 AM

They need to do one of two things (IMO) bring back the mechanic that made orcs spawn from each and EVERY hut because that gave them enough numbers to keep replacing the massive casualties they sustain OR buff them enough to were they can stand toe to toe with the other races and win. Cause right now they sure as hell can't....

ThatguyAds1298 10-07-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White935 (Post 62697)
Dont make the marauder weaker <.< thats our main backbone unit. desert swamp or forest. you'll need em for when you need to defend your cities. those goblins are enmssed and mot exactly suitable for the walls. Marauders are pretty balanced as it is atm. you'd just need to generally buff the other units (exludeing ogre, ogre seems balanced from my experience). Wargs seems great too. while very unefficent in combat, their howl ability is superb if used in waves.

Aye i meant change the goblins so they are suitable as the ranged backbone of the orc army to give them purpose, And also be suitable for the walls.

White935 10-07-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 (Post 62703)
Aye i meant change the goblins so they are suitable as the ranged backbone of the orc army to give them purpose, And also be suitable for the walls.

then the marauder would lose its purpose no? and goblins comes in two versions meele and ranged, that would leave the meele type obsolete. wouldnt it be better to try to make them both gain a different purpose than pure combat. and instead give them some kind of support role, like allowing goblins to stealth for instance til their x close to the enemy. so you could sneak a couple of goblin battaltions with archers on their side and do flanking attacks/attack their archers from behind.

ThatguyAds1298 10-07-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White935 (Post 62705)
then the marauder would lose its purpose no? and goblins comes in two versions meele and ranged, that would leave the meele type obsolete. wouldnt it be better to try to make them both gain a different purpose than pure combat. and instead give them some kind of support role, like allowing goblins to stealth for instance til their x close to the enemy. so you could sneak a couple of goblin battaltions with archers on their side and do flanking attacks/attack their archers from behind.

I like that idea, the goblins getting some sort of stealth, i REALLY like it.

An marauder wont lose purpose, they are used to be trained into other troops and hunting too, And can be called to battle when your city is under attack on short notice.

White935 10-07-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 (Post 62708)
I like that idea, the melee goblins getting some sort of stealth, i REALLY like it.

An marauder wont lose purpose, they are used to be trained into other troops and hunting too, And can be called to battle when your city is under attack on short notice.

your forgetting that marauders are our looters. the fact that orcs need their backbone to be able to loot (laboureres are horrible combatants). I think both ranged goblins and meele should get stealth (you dont want to be attacking with just meele after all but a combination, imagine stealthing goblins archers behind the enenmy, then use fire arrows to start a fire from behind, thus forceing the meele confrontration, but marauders should be the backbone of any orc army. for the fact that orcs needs to constantly be looting to maintain their economy late game.

ThatguyAds1298 10-07-2011 10:25 AM

Hmm, good point.

Ok so, Another great suggestion made then. Goblins having stealth would give them a LOT more purpose and usefulness, And lets not forget they are sneaky buggers :D

White935 10-07-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatguyAds1298 (Post 62711)
Hmm, good point.

Ok so, Another great suggestion made then. Goblins having stealth would give them a LOT more purpose and usefulness, And lets not forget they are sneaky buggers :D

as stealth i mean war of fog affect them. generally even if somone is outside your units view range, you still see em. gobins should not be affected by that and remain unseen til their within the circle around a enemy unit that its "view range" so you can circle the enemy with em


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.