Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roads in the MMO world? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451)

aVeron 11-22-2008 04:37 AM

Roads in the MMO world?

Hello, fellow DoF-members!

I looked through the forum abit today, and i saw no thread whatsoever about the mmoworlds passage.. with other words, how your army are going to move through the lands of DoF in the MMO world?

Will the armies be able to move on a specific road to reach its goal? or will he just move where the terrain seems fit to move on(with other words just random passage)? Cause im curies how the players will interfere on the world map when they move around the world, as i would guess its a rather large scale to move on, and it would then be very rare to interfere with an enemy.

crex719 11-22-2008 09:04 AM

I would have to assume that you wouldnt see the roads on the world map, but in game there should be roads

The Witch King of Angmar 11-22-2008 09:20 AM

Maybe on the maps there may be some type of road but I think you'd look at the world map and just move the army that way.

nickson104 11-22-2008 12:27 PM

I think they should connect towns and regions with roads and by travelling along a road perhaps you get a speed boost or perhaps just get to avoid speed reducing terrains such as mountains, rocks and rivers

After all many games have tried it and it always use to happen and it gives more strategy again, being in control of the road would be a very useful thing

The Witch King of Angmar 11-23-2008 07:32 AM

That would be cool and maybe some kind of terrain bonus as well.

aVeron 11-23-2008 08:26 AM

i hope there will be trade routes on the world map, where resources are traded.. that is a must option, imo!

Joseph Visscher 11-23-2008 10:15 AM

I'm not answering your question but simply asking a new question for you all to think about.

In real life do armies really need to follow roads? If I was on a big road and I knew there where enemy armies moving along the road, I'd get off it pretty darn quick.
:cool:

Esculas the Mighty 11-23-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 10377)
I'm not answering your question but simply asking a new question for you all to think about.

In real life do armies really need to follow roads? If I was on a big road and I knew there where enemy armies moving along the road, I'd get off it pretty darn quick.

i was thinking that too if the enemy built the road they gonna use it why increase your chances of being attacked by using their road

kronlc 11-23-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 10377)

....Roads have been important for armies always LOL....Especially back
in the medievil age when armies were foot and calv no motors.....heh...
Its a pretty stupi question really and you being the map disigner a bit
suspicious as well.

Oh, and if I new a enemy army was marching on the same road as me
but he hadnt discovered me' Plenty of time to prepare a ambush I say
but that depends on from what perspective you asked that question from ....

wou129 11-24-2008 12:34 AM

totaly agree with that