Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DOF Heros? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45)

The Witch King of Angmar 07-19-2007 04:40 PM

DOF Heros?

Will DOF have any hero type units like a prince or king or something like that?

Thanks

Sharku 07-19-2007 04:42 PM

The only heroes i can think of would be the Spellcaster units. Those guys require training and learning new spells, the stereotype of the basic hero.

Super Nova 07-19-2007 05:40 PM

Well will there be a unit that can lvl/Or can all unit lvl up ?

jap88 07-19-2007 10:25 PM

I personally hope there aren't any hero units, i hate heroes.

Sharku 07-20-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Nova (Post 496)
Well will there be a unit that can lvl/Or can all unit lvl up ?

I don't think units lvl up, maybe the Spellcasters.

Super Nova 07-20-2007 04:53 PM

jap88 Why do u hate hero/s?

It would be nice if u could make any unit ur hero so then u could have more customization......and put a maxuim hero limit or something
Sorry for any misspellings.

The Witch King of Angmar 07-21-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Nova (Post 507)
jap88 Why do u hate hero/s?

It would be nice if u could make any unit ur hero so then u could have more customization......and put a maxuim hero limit or something
Sorry for any misspellings.

Yeah don't make heros like on BFME2 that are way to overpowered. Try to balance things out.

SPARROW94 07-21-2007 09:34 PM

well witchking dude maybe they might be very powerfull because in the features i read that theres powers that can wipe out whole armys

The Witch King of Angmar 07-22-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 517)
well witchking dude maybe they might be very powerfull because in the features i read that theres powers that can wipe out whole armys

That however, would be after the heros/spellcasters would get extremly leveled up. I meant to the point where it is nearimpossible to kill them let alone hurt them.

Ryan Zelazny 07-23-2007 12:17 PM

Wow, go away for the weekend and the forums go crazy. ;)

Alright, to answer some questions, all units in the game level up; workers, melee, ranged, everyone. This really comes into play when you use MMORTS, and your army is persistant, because you will only get more and more powerful with each victory. However this doesn't mean you can use your power to pick on the little guys, you will be pitted against armies equal to your own.

We do have heroes in the singleplayer campaigns, who are key characters to the storyline, it would be kind of silly not to have them, and have random "Swordsman 26" be the main character or something.

Spellcasters work differently than any other unit in the game, you will generally have one or two spellcasters per army, and they will take a long time to train, however magic is VERY powerful, a single spell can destroy tons of units.