Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Custom map Strongholds? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449)

MrBlack103 11-13-2008 04:11 PM

Custom map Strongholds?

Okay, I was wondering if you would be able, in the map editor, make a custom fortress on par with the scale and complexity of, say, Minas Tirith in LotR? I'm asking this because I always love making massive defend-the-spot scenarios.

The Witch King of Angmar 11-13-2008 04:55 PM

I don't know if they'd have that. I mean you could probably do something like that due to the fact that Men fortresses are in that ring type of structure. It may just take some time or be complicated but I think yes.

crex719 11-13-2008 05:30 PM

couldnt be that hard....form mountains in the form of walls..

MrBlack103 11-13-2008 06:32 PM

And place walls on top of them etc...

I was just hoping there were no "limits".

Esculas the Mighty 11-13-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 10249)
And place walls on top of them etc...

limits SUCK

Andy Joslin 11-13-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 10249)

I agree. Limits suck! :D

Anyway, this would definitely be possible.

Joseph Visscher 11-14-2008 02:56 PM

Extremely possible, I would just use elven walls, scale them up 200%, would need to use quite a few bridge markers, but its completely possible to make a massive stronghold that size, I could defiantly see someone remaking Minas Tirith for the custom map community.

I'd keep a Elven twist to it, correct me if I am wrong , but Minas Tirith was built originally by the Elves in lotr.

Heck you can do a lot of stuff with our editor, its limitless; just this morning I used wall assets angled in various horizontal positions to build a Orc wooden prison and death pit used to execute captives in Makkada region of Flattan Rol, one of the bigest and oldest Orc Kingdoms.
The death pit mostly consists of a square walled in pit with bloody spikes, dead bodies of executed captives, and a pool of blood upto your knees.
:rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar 11-14-2008 03:04 PM

Man I hate gore. Anyways that would be awesome. I'd love to build a Helm's Deep. That'd be really awesome with men.

MrBlack103 11-14-2008 03:50 PM

You have no idea how happy I am to hear it that you can make fortresses that BIG!

Quote:

I'd keep a Elven twist to it, correct me if I am wrong , but Minas Tirith was built originally by the Elves in lotr.
Uhmmm... Don't you mean the Numenorians? Correct me if I'm wrong. However, I agree, the elven walls would be the best thing for MT.

Esculas the Mighty 11-14-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 10271)
You have no idea how happy I am to hear it that you can make fortresses that BIG!

Uhmmm... Don't you mean the Numenorians? Correct me if I'm wrong. However, I agree, the elven walls would be the best thing for MT.

woot massive elven capital !