Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subfactions (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448)

The Witch King of Angmar 11-13-2008 11:46 AM

Subfactions

Can you Reverie guys please expound on the subfactions that you posted screens of a while ago and how you go about getting them. For example, is there a benefit to getting them?

Thanks

Andy Joslin 11-13-2008 07:28 PM

A sub-race is chosen by the player when he sets up his homecity (kind of like a character in an MMORPG), after choosing a race. What do you mean 'get'? We listed some of the benefits of the various locations you can choose for your race earlier, but not all of them. And no, I can't say anything more specific about bonuses.

Oh, also, each sub-race has a different location on the world map. I think you could find these yourself by comparing our released world map with the MMORTS showcase location names.

Generation 11-13-2008 07:47 PM

psst get some videos btw and don't spoil the sub-factions for us. I don't like spoils so grandma twist witch's neck so go grandma go go grandma go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Witch King of Angmar 11-14-2008 04:54 AM

What I meant by 'get' is how you would go about purchasing or acquiring these units. Thanks for answering my other questions.

Andy Joslin 11-14-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 10258)
What I meant by 'get' is how you would go about purchasing or acquiring these units. Thanks for answering my other questions.

Can't answer that sorry.

Jean=A=Luc 11-14-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 10258)

Buy them from a barracks (unit production building)?

The Witch King of Angmar 11-14-2008 02:04 PM

But since they vary by region I wouldn't think so and thanks anyway Andy.

Joseph Visscher 11-14-2008 02:07 PM

Things may change up the road, but for now, sub-factions are primarily contrasted through regional environment differences, and economy and military differences. A small example of this would be for instants, the region of Brakental, a large desert inhabited by Orcs, it lacks a great amount of trees/wood resource, but makes up for it with a larger amount of gold that can be used for other stuff.

aVeron 11-14-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 10269)
Things may change up the road, but for now, sub-factions are primarily contrasted through regional environment differences, and economy and military differences. A small example of this would be for instants, the region of Brakental, a large desert inhabited by Orcs, it lacks a great amount of trees/wood resource, but makes up for it with a larger amount of gold that can be used for other stuff.

So, one can not tell if it's Wood elves or high elves by just looking at the appearance? there is no difference between them in the visual way, or?

nickson104 11-15-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 10269)

A golden fortress? ;) :D