Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Variety of Units? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446)

MrBlack103 11-05-2008 05:42 PM

Variety of Units?
 
OK I just wanted to know how many different "basic" units (excluding "special" ones like mages, heroes etc.) each faction would have. So far I have only seen about 2-3 units a faction:confused: (not counting siege weapons).

Andy Joslin 11-05-2008 07:03 PM

Oh don't worry, there are many more than three. :rolleyes:

Each race also has multiple heroes.

Esculas the Mighty 11-05-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 10132)
OK I just wanted to know how many different "basic" units (excluding "special" ones like mages, heroes etc.) each faction would have. So far I have only seen about 2-3 units a faction:confused: (not counting siege weapons).

wow i just noticed ive NEVER seen a mounted unit

Andy Joslin 11-05-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

wow i just noticed ive NEVER seen a mounted uni
I'm sure we've posted at least one screenshot of some orcs on Wargs.

Elves don't have mounted units, only unicorns which fight on their own. They are too in line with nature to lower an animal's dignity to the level of being ridden upon.

The humans have multiple types of mounted units, a mounted knight with a lance being strongest.

Jean=A=Luc 11-06-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Variety of Units?
There will be no variety. Each faction will have only a single unit called "the fighter". Some factions' fighters will be weaker but cheaper or stronger but more expensive but basically we'll be spamming just that one unit which is going to look like a generic humanoid carrying a sword or potentially some sort of club. It will be difficult to tell because of the low res and bland graphics.

Some Reverie developers have already died of boredom working on this project while others have sunk into deep catatonia or suffered unimaginable mental anguish. I for one eagerly await the release date.

Esculas the Mighty 11-06-2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Joslin (Post 10135)
I'm sure we've posted at least one screenshot of some orcs on Wargs.

Elves don't have mounted units, only unicorns which fight on their own. They are too in line with nature to lower an animal's dignity to the level of being ridden upon.

The humans have multiple types of mounted units, a mounted knight with a lance being strongest.

thx thats understandable and i do recall seeing the orcs ridding those things

The Witch King of Angmar 11-06-2008 02:01 PM

I'd really like to see the men faction calvalry the most.

nickson104 11-06-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 10136)
There will be no variety. Each faction will have only a single unit called "the fighter". Some factions' fighters will be weaker but cheaper or stronger but more expensive but basically we'll be spamming just that one unit which is going to look like a generic humanoid carrying a sword or potentially some sort of club. It will be difficult to tell because of the low res and bland graphics.

Some Reverie developers have already died of boredom working on this project while others have sunk into deep catatonia or suffered unimaginable mental anguish. I for one eagerly await the release date.

LOL, hehe the that was not at all sarcastic :p
I also eagerly await that day :p I want to see some more pictures of the units in battle formations rather than already in battle :p then we can see the scope and variety of units in armies and such :)

MrBlack103 11-06-2008 03:08 PM

hmmm... I don't ever remember seeing a screen with mounted orcs. Could somebody please find it and post a link or something? Still, it's great to hear the orcs get wargs. The fight against the warg riders in LotR tTT was one of my favourite scenes (I loved the "opposites" aspect of the two sides.).

MrBlack103 11-06-2008 10:06 PM

Oh don't worry about the screen now... found it!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.