Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Garviola pop removal (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4459)

andreicde 10-05-2011 06:23 PM

Garviola pop removal

Ok,garviola are decent. They can kill a soldier in a hit and then go back in the ground. There are a few issues with it though. It can get killed easily, it takes 2 population which is very crazy considering the fact the elves have to cover 3 areas and one of them is even opened and has only 1 gate. So my suggestion is to remove population completly since right now 2 elven rangers do better than 1 garviola.

Pyra 10-05-2011 06:25 PM

Also they have a tendency to dissapear after a couple hours.

Just *poof* they are gone from where you placed them.

Firetongue 10-06-2011 07:50 AM

The Garviola sure isn't worth 2 population in it's current state, but you can't remove the pop cap on it either. If you remove the pop cap it allows players to make an unlimited amount of them.

In it's current state they are rather annoying then actually dealing some serious damage, sure you have to turn them on fire and make a fire in you're way to kill them, but on the other hand they dosen't kill units very fast so you can just run over them and completely ignore them.

If you are to remove the popcap you must instead make sure that you in some other way limit the amount of them you can make in you're base.

I do not think removing their popcap is the way to go, i think they need a rework to be more lethal though.

Jean=A=Luc 10-06-2011 09:40 AM

I'd have to agree. And I too thought they were permanent though that might be imba.

They need to either cost no pop cap and remain temporary or take up 1 pop (or only 1/2 if possible) but become permanent (until killed).

andreicde 10-06-2011 05:25 PM

Don't forget as a swamp elf I can't place them everywhere because i can't place them in swamps. Also I have 3 ways which makes it impossible to know where oponent will attack from.I think a better idea would be to have 15 allowed. that way it would be say 5 in each area but without actually taking population.

Valkyrie 10-06-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreicde (Post 62525)
Don't forget as a swamp elf I can't place them everywhere because i can't place them in swamps. Also I have 3 ways which makes it impossible to know where oponent will attack from.I think a better idea would be to have 15 allowed. that way it would be say 5 in each area but without actually taking population.

15 is way to many imo i'd go with 9 tops. Tho atm they're pretty much a waste of pop, i by mistake built one in my human city and now i cant get rid of it. -.-'

Sbshearer 10-19-2011 07:08 AM

My main problem with them is that i can't summon them during battles only in your hometown. I think it would be grat to summon during battles and it would give a more tactical approch (summon Graviolas, set traps with those giant plants) to the game. I know elves are already OP, but it will be balanced.

andreicde 10-19-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbshearer (Post 64736)
My main problem with them is that i can't summon them during battles only in your hometown. I think it would be grat to summon during battles and it would give a more tactical approch (summon Graviolas, set traps with those giant plants) to the game. I know elves are already OP, but it will be balanced.

considering the fact no city siege was done yet,assuming elves are op is ridiculous.If you are talking about the cavalry,I heard same thing for all of them. As for garviolas I'd go for 14 so a player can place half on a side and half on another

Dreamwalker 10-21-2011 02:29 PM

How about if garviolas have thier own limit, instead of taking up pop space? I mean, they're really more just defencive stuff than actual units; you could just have only so many of them for your town.

My two cents. :)

andreicde 10-22-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamwalker (Post 64909)
How about if garviolas have thier own limit, instead of taking up pop space? I mean, they're really more just defencive stuff than actual units; you could just have only so many of them for your town.

My two cents. :)

I agree. It shouldn't take population but have a limit on them would be good since they don't move and elves are supposed to be best in defense