Cursor Bug. Game is unplayable. Menu Bug too.
Good night developers. I bought this game full of hype and good will, completely decided to accept a pre-release state of game and to cope with some of the technical problems I read everywhere the game had, in order to give this game, which I thought it was a brilliant concept, a good chance to develop itself and some of my well-earned money.
I expected some bugs and glitches. I did.
Regarding the game, I can't tell how good or bad it is because I haven't been able to play it since I downloaded it. I'm not going to name every single trouble I had one by one, but the most important game-breaking ones:
1. If I move my mouse cursor, while it is moving, the screen freezes. No matter what. I have a good PC, GTX 480, AMD 4 processors 2.5, 4gb ram, windows 7, everything else runs smooth. Graphics being high or low does 0 impact on performance they're always 60 fps if I don't move the mouse. But if I do, while I do, 0 fps and if I "abuse" moving the mouse game crashes.
This makes the game virtually unplayable and extremely annoying. Please help me with this issue, cause I would like, now that I already paid the money, to at least be able to try the game and play a few hours, and who knows, maybe more (though in such state of development I'm afraid it's not going to be possible).
2. If I press "escape" to open the menu a few times, I don't know if related to mouse cursor moving bug, the menu dissapears and it doesn't let me open the menu again. Any other window no problem. The menu just "cease to exist". Alt f4 has been my only option until now. Sad.
Finally, I just want to say again that I want to like the game. I really do. I have to congratulate the team for a brilliant concept, some refreshing air into what seems to be an uprising genre, but whoever is responsible for the release of such an alpha version of it, should be having trouble to sleep (that being if he sleeps at all and he's not patching like there is no tomorrow :P)
Apparently I'm not the only one having the "cursor" or "mousemovement" bug.
I found another post about it on the technical support forums, but it is unanswered.
dont worry kon will be on in a bit and help you trust me hes been busy but he will answer it:D
Ok - lets get this fixed. This is a second instance of this bug reported, so this is a rare issue.
0) you probably did this already - but make sure you have the latest Direct X and Video Card drivers.
1) What resolution are you running Windows on? If it`s really high, try to change it to 1980 x
If this doesn`t help
2) After you start the game and get this issue. Exit Game, go to the installation folder, locate Log1.txt file, and include it with your Reply (you forums Attachment Manager)
3) Also it would really help if you could post your Direct X info, you can google: "how to get dxdiag" if you are not sure how.
I had a problem with the mouse freezing when I moved it, it was a problem with hardware acceleration. Not sure if there is an option to disable it in the options, if there is then that should fix it. If there isn't you can google a guide on how to manually do it for your windows.
Ok, I'm going step by step doing what you told me, so:
0) Yes, I already redownloaded the game and reinstalled it, installed the latest mouse, graphics card drivers, and installed the latest version of Direct X. Result: No changes.
1) I usually play on 1650x1080, and that's the resolution I have windows on, I tried to play on different resolutions and change the resolution in windows. Result: No changes.
2) I uploaded the Log1.txt with this reply.
3) I did the DxDiag, I'm attaching it to this reply.
It may be of interest the fact that I don't actually have to start "playing" to get the bug, cause in the main menu screen, with the animation of the orcs storming the walls, there I can experiment the bug. When I move my cursor, everything, menus, graphics in the background, everything freezes until I stop moving it. I can see there is a pattern depending on the speed and the direction of the movement, but I can't identify clearly which pattern.
Thanks for your quick answer, let's hope the fix is as quick as that ;-)
Ok we checked the knowledge base and there are two solutions
1) Setting your Windows fonts (in control panel under accessibility) to small or medium.
2) Disable mouse hardware acceleration as Sephriem suggested bellow.
Please let us know if these work for you.
Running the game in window mode may fix this.
Go to the games main directory. C:\Program Files\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy what ever it is.
Inside you will find a file called local_saved_data, open it with notepad, Inside you will see
Change the 0 to a 1 so its
save the file and try turn on the game and tell us what effect it has.
Window mode is currently really buggy so you wont be able to play with it like that, but if it seems to work with your mouse moving around, it is most likely a hardware acceleration problem or a program conflict, do you have a program that changes how your mouse works do you have really odd mouse settings or something?
Anyways see if window mode is any different at all.
Ok, step by step again:
1. Running the game in windowed mode, the game doesn't even start, crashes every single time in the first or second credits screen. So yes, I agree in the fact that windowed mode is still pretty buggy ;).
2. Already did the fonts things tried every possible combination. Doesn't work.
3. I own a razer Mamba mouse, which uses some kind of program to regulate the dpi, and some other parameters. Anyway is easy to close the program. I did, this one, and any other program susceptible of being closed was closed. No changes on the symptoms. Still freezes the same when I move my cursor.
Atm I'm working in disabling the mouse hardware acceleration, but I've been unable to do it. Seen many posts, and none of their ways are working for me. Any help on this? I'm using windows 7 x64.
At least all the things above are discarded.
An update on the acceleration issue:
So far all the attemps of supposedly eliminating the hardware acceleration (which I think I did) still give no results.
I found out the program that controls the mouse functions (which remember had little impact on performance cause doesn't matter if it's on or off, the bug is still there) has an independent mouse acceleration. It was disabled because I disabled it for other games, but I tried to activate it and set it in very high values just to see if it had any impact on the performance. 100% the same. The fact that the mouse moves faster or slower, or have more or less acceleration has 0 impact on the performance.
There is a concrete speed of my hand moving it that completely freezes the screen (it goes to 1fps). If I move it below that, it gets the slower the better, but still lowers fps considerably.
Well, that's pretty much everything I can do for now, I'll wait for some answers from you guys. Thank you for your fast attention and your interest in my problem, but on the other hand I reassert that the state of the release is shameful, I've run into a thousand bugs in two days, and I feel like I'm beta testing your game and loosing the whole afternoon to be able only to "play". The whole in-game chat, if you monitor it, 4 of every 5 conversations going on are people complaining about bugs, or talking about them if not complaining.
I trust your interest and sacrifice, and will stay playing and helping you to track and eliminate bugs like a beta tester, but you're going to need a crazy amount of work to fix this whole game before too many people buys it in this state and start posting in the metascore or review sites.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.