Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Alliances (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42)

SPARROW94 07-07-2007 01:53 PM

Alliances

when your playing in an online match and while your teching up your castle you should make strategic choices for your empire. like who should i join with that is good in my situiation.or you clearly dont like who your partnered with.

Darvin 07-07-2007 03:57 PM

I think we have to distinguish between skirmish and the MMO game explicitly in all such threads as these. Naturally a certain degree of politics would add to the MMO experience, but in a skirmish match most people like alliances to be locked at the start of the game. It's not that you never want in-game alliance formings and breakings, it's that you usually want to know who is your enemy and who isn't.

With that said, I've found in the past that too often you'll get opportunists jumping teams. In theory, in most games only one player needs to lose if everyone else joins the same team. That kind of defeats the point of the game, seeing as everyone knows what the outcome of such a gangbeating will be.

SPARROW94 07-07-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 409)
I think we have to distinguish between skirmish and the MMO game explicitly in all such threads as these. Naturally a certain degree of politics would add to the MMO experience, but in a skirmish match most people like alliances to be locked at the start of the game. It's not that you never want in-game alliance formings and breakings, it's that you usually want to know who is your enemy and who isn't.

With that said, I've found in the past that too often you'll get opportunists jumping teams. In theory, in most games only one player needs to lose if everyone else joins the same team. That kind of defeats the point of the game, seeing as everyone knows what the outcome of such a gangbeating will be.

In skirmish it would make more sense to have the host to choose if there were to be an Alliance mode with that said there would be disadvantages and advantages.

And to add more detail to what i mean it wont be like Halo2 were you just switch just like that. Its more like sending them a request for them to join you.

And for the gangbeating thing, If you know the people you are up agaist will just team up and beat you bring some friends to back you up.

The Witch King of Angmar 07-07-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 411)
In skirmish it would make more sense to have the host to choose if there were to be an Alliance mode with that said there would be disadvantages and advantages.

And to add more detail to what i mean it wont be like Halo2 were you just switch just like that. Its more like sending them a request for them to join you.

And for the gangbeating thing, If you know the people you are up agaist will just team up and beat you bring some friends to back you up.

Could you bring friends into the game? I really don't understand the alliances. Is it with other players in the game? And if so that defeats the purpose of 2vs2 or 3vs3 matches. Can someone please explain them to me?

Thanks

SPARROW94 07-07-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 412)
Could you bring friends into the game? I really don't understand the alliances. Is it with other players in the game? And if so that defeats the purpose of 2vs2 or 3vs3 matches. Can someone please explain them to me?

Thanks

Well on the xbox360 you have a friends list wich you can send game invites and private chat invite. and what i mean by alliances is that in game play you can team with some one or betray some one.and yes it does defeat the purpose of 2v2 and 3v3 but there can be ups and downs to this mode. hope i made it clearer:)

The Witch King of Angmar 07-09-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 413)
Well on the xbox360 you have a friends list wich you can send game invites and private chat invite. and what i mean by alliances is that in game play you can team with some one or betray some one.and yes it does defeat the purpose of 2v2 and 3v3 but there can be ups and downs to this mode. hope i made it clearer:)

Thanks so for instance can 1 map hold up to like 8 players and it could be free for all or 2vs2vs2vs2? And one more thing, can you break alliances?

Thanks

Irish_PXzyan 07-09-2007 12:58 PM

Well...in most RTS games you can have a max of 8 teams..either 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 or 2v2v2v2 or 4v4. Like..if you played empire earth 2..you had an option to allow alliances to be broken or you cannot change teams. Giving players the options is better than just sticking with one rule! all alliances must be kept! its to boring that way!

But dont forget..games can be ruined because someone thinks it would be kool to break the alliance and go with the others...because then it could end up being 5V3. Its pointless...if your going to be on someones team..you should stick by that! Why would you want to break the alliance in the first place?? is it because your team is looseing and you dont want to loose?? if so..deal with it..and grow up!;)

Ryan Zelazny 07-09-2007 05:08 PM

This hasn't been set in stone, however I think we should probably include it so you could set rules when creating the skirmish, if you want alliances to be able to be broken or not.

jap88 07-10-2007 07:56 AM

That is generally the best way to go and also the most common.

The Witch King of Angmar 07-10-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_PXzyan (Post 417)
Well...in most RTS games you can have a max of 8 teams..either 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 or 2v2v2v2 or 4v4. Like..if you played empire earth 2..you had an option to allow alliances to be broken or you cannot change teams. Giving players the options is better than just sticking with one rule! all alliances must be kept! its to boring that way!

But dont forget..games can be ruined because someone thinks it would be kool to break the alliance and go with the others...because then it could end up being 5V3. Its pointless...if your going to be on someones team..you should stick by that! Why would you want to break the alliance in the first place?? is it because your team is looseing and you dont want to loose?? if so..deal with it..and grow up!;)

What I'm saying is if your partner is a jerk, you should be able to leave them. It would also give the game a more intersesting feel. I think the real issue is you don't want your team mates to quit on you. If so...deal with it...and quit whining!;)