Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   DoFUpdater.exe - Application Error?? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4150)

Cukulen 09-30-2011 10:23 AM

DoFUpdater.exe - Application Error??

I got the above message when I first installed the game and click the icon on my desktop. any ideas on a) why this has happened? and b) how I can get it to work?

This looks a really good game but I'd ideally like to play it :) cheers!

Cuk

Konstantin Fomenko 09-30-2011 11:01 AM

Try two things

1) Restart the game and try again

2) If you get same error - find the location where you have installer the game, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn Of Fantasy\
Inside locate a file DoFUpdater.exe
3) Right click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator"

this might fix. Let us know if this doesn`t work and I`ll get one of the programmers to help you.

Cukulen 09-30-2011 12:02 PM

Fixed!

hey,

I managed to fix it myself :) basically I uninstalled the game, and installed the 2 programs that exist in folders on the disk re - Windows Installer4_5 & DotNetFX40Client. I then restarted my comp, re-installed the game and it works fine..

I did have a prob with my CD key, having to fiddle with it a bit and trialling o's for 0's etc but its finally patching! :)

Cuk

Mkendrik 09-30-2011 03:09 PM

Having same issue, not sure I understand the fix, just uninstall and reinstall?

[edit] I get the error directly after I submit cd key

[edit] attempted to run as admin, same error. Attempted to reinstall, same error.

Joseph Visscher 09-30-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkendrik (Post 60607)
Having same issue, not sure I understand the fix, just uninstall and reinstall?

[edit] I get the error directly after I submit cd key

[edit] attempted to run as admin, same error. Attempted to reinstall, same error.

Windows Installer4_5 & DotNetFX40Client Is .Net Framework 4.0, you probably need to install that before the game can run properly. It should come with the game somewhare just look for it. or go to windows update and in the search search for .Net Framework 4.0. Here is a link to it but I'm not 110% sure thats the exact one you need! http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=24872

"The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile redistributable package installs the .NET Framework runtime and associated files that are required to run most client applications."

Matt117 10-01-2011 01:41 AM

Hi I do all this things but everytime by 7 files remaining updater crashes what can i do??? :confused:

Mkendrik 10-01-2011 03:14 AM

Running Dotnetfx40 does not appear to fix the problem.

Mkendrik 10-01-2011 05:37 AM

For clarity:

I run the updater, it loads the window asking for my cd key.
I enter the cd key
I click submit
Immediately I get the message "DoFUpdater has stopped working"

Have tried running as admin.
Have tried running in compatability mode
Have tried resetting pc
Have tried re-installing game
Have tried repairing netframework
Have tried repairing netframework, uninstalling, reinstalling
Have tried uninstalling, repairing netframework, reinstalling
Have tried to re-download using email link 'invalid order number' (presumably due to me already using it once)
Have tried screaming at pc
Have tried cursing the gods
Have tried calling tech friend and viewing event logs
Have tried pounding fists into desk and crying

Matt117 10-01-2011 10:08 AM

same here have the game 2 days and cant play it because of this update error and nothing helps that is sad :mad:

Konstantin Fomenko 10-01-2011 02:27 PM

Hi - as I PMed you, our updater programmer is gone for the weekend, but I`ve directed him here. He`ll take a look at this first thing Monday, or maybe tomorrow even - we`ll fix this:)