Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Updater Issues - Installation, Updater Crashes, Updater Problems, CD Key Issues e.t.c (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4113)

Danny Vink 09-28-2011 08:54 PM

Updater Issues - Installation, Updater Crashes, Updater Problems, CD Key Issues e.t.c

Please Include the Follow with your issue so we can best determine what problem you are having and fix it as fast as possible.
  • A Short Description of what the updater was doing, be sure to check for things when an error message pops up like if the progress bar for files being updated is still working.
  • With each reply please post updater-log.txt file. You can find it in your Dawn of Fantasy directory.
  • Your Dot Net Version
  • Your Direct X Version
  • Your Game.txt which is in the root Directory
  • An Image of the error message if any. (Provide a translation if required to english)
  • Internet Browsers Installed (All of them)
  • Contact Email

Jean=A=Luc 09-30-2011 08:48 AM

The updater is currently stuck on "Checking Product Key" and won't budge. I tried closing it via the Task Manager and running the game again but it always hits the wall in the same place.

It doesn't freeze or anything like that, it simply won't progress beyond "Checking Product Key" and I can't get into the game. Was working fine last night.

Konstantin Fomenko 09-30-2011 10:47 AM

To confirm does this work fine now? From what I could see a lot of new people were updating the game and this caused some bandwidth drops that could have effected the updater. We are going to 10X our server connection early next week to avoid any potential problems.

zilong 09-30-2011 10:59 AM

hope they fix all the problems this is a very bad start for the game, its a good game but way to many problems haveing to delete all files and apps then reinstall game over 6x was to much for me at least they will give me refund, if the game gets to the core of all the problems then I might be interested but would rather buy the game from store if I do. till then I hope they realy change all the issues ppl are haveing with Keys and trying to make accounts that will work.

Jean=A=Luc 09-30-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 60487)
To confirm does this work fine now?

Nope, still "checking product key". I'll keep trying periodically and report once it works.

Cukulen 09-30-2011 01:17 PM

Well I have been trying to update for hours.. So how do I find/get the info requested by the post creator? thanks

Cuk

Jean=A=Luc 09-30-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 60505)
Nope, still "checking product key". I'll keep trying periodically and report once it works.

It works now. It seems to have been a firewall issue which is a bit weird since the game worked fine the first time with FW on. But there you have it.

Dachs 10-08-2011 10:07 PM

Hello from Germany,
I bought the game online
was never asked to fill in activation key during installation
after installation updater immidiately crashes (error: dofupdater has stopped working)
.net actualization done
re-installation done
work around virus program also done
no game.txt file in folder
opera is my browser
vista 64 bit

pls more suggestions

mail: Andreas-Teimann@gmx.de

Nimiria 10-19-2011 05:07 AM

Every time I start the game, the updater makes a small update. Its so fast I canīt even see what exactly it does.

Its really every time. I could start it 10 times and in all 10 cases it makes this small update.

ziogualty 10-21-2011 07:17 AM

I have several pc at home.
Today i tried to start downloaded installer on another machine of mine but t says "Download time has expired" (error code: 0002).
Any tips?