Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Occupation? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406)

MrBlack103 09-25-2008 05:22 PM

Occupation?

Okay, I had this idea for the MMO version:

How about, instead of moving your territory every time it's conquered, you become part of the victor's "Empire"? That way you would have to pay a regular tribute to that player (A certain % of income?) and have some of his soldiers patrolling your base and generally bullying your citizens. He could also absorb your remaining soldiers into his army and start conscripting your citizens.

This would not be the end for you, because your surviving heroes could go into hiding (turning the game into more of an RPG) and form an underground resistance movement, hopefully and eventually liberating your base or evacuating your loyal citizens to settle elsewhere.

This would make it so powerful players have to not only protect their borders, but also keep a sufficient garrison in their occupied towns in order to keep control of the population.

Anyways, hope you like my ideas and I do admit that they are a bit rough, but I do hope something similar could be incorporated into the game.

Esculas the Mighty 09-25-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 9406)
Okay, I had this idea for the MMO version:

How about, instead of moving your territory every time it's conquered, you become part of the victor's "Empire"? That way you would have to pay a regular tribute to that player (A certain % of income?) and have some of his soldiers patrolling your base and generally bullying your citizens. He could also absorb your remaining soldiers into his army and start conscripting your citizens.

This would not be the end for you, because your surviving heroes could go into hiding (turning the game into more of an RPG) and form an underground resistance movement, hopefully and eventually liberating your base or evacuating your loyal citizens to settle elsewhere.

This would make it so powerful players have to not only protect their borders, but also keep a sufficient garrison in their occupied towns in order to keep control of the population.

Anyways, hope you like my ideas and I do admit that they are a bit rough, but I do hope something similar could be incorporated into the game.

dude.. we think too much alike

but if the victor just decides to level your city then u have to start over in a different region like norm

fyro11 09-25-2008 06:16 PM

Wouldn't the 'victor' know of a small band of rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters? He would just hunt them down. For which reason I don't think it would work. Also, most players would just abandon their particular team at that point and start afresh; another reason why it wouldn't work.

Sorry but I can't see it actualising. I think the team would be a lot more strict. Plus, it has to remain an RTS, at most, with RPG elements.

nickson104 09-26-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyro11 (Post 9408)
Wouldn't the 'victor' know of a small band of rebels/terrorists/freedom fighters? He would just hunt them down. For which reason I don't think it would work. Also, most players would just abandon their particular team at that point and start afresh; another reason why it wouldn't work.

Sorry but I can't see it actualising. I think the team would be a lot more strict. Plus, it has to remain an RTS, at most, with RPG elements.

Spoil sport, all good games have to have a storyline :p
I am all for the idea, you becoming like their vassal or such, yeah the occupier could just raze the town or just parts of it to flush out the defendants or perhaps they will go search and destroy or maybe even espionage? Your idea opens up a wide variety of playstyles, im all for it...

And yeah... Fyro... i wouldnt abandon my forces to restart again, i would fight it out, and perhaps they wont give you that option?

aVeron 09-26-2008 09:34 AM

Hmm.. Cool idea. But i dont think all of that is possible to make in this game engine.. But it would be damn cool! Could be something like vassal.

Mrdash 09-26-2008 01:06 PM

Im not much for that idea. Someone ruling over me. Nope Never.

Feweh 09-26-2008 07:45 PM

That's like... nothing that DoF is.....

Maybe a potential mod idea...

Esculas the Mighty 09-26-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrdash (Post 9412)
Im not much for that idea. Someone ruling over me. Nope Never.

i dont mind someone ruling over me if they defeated fair and square but if like 8 people jumped on me and 1 guy wants me to follow his rules ima spit and his face

nickson104 09-27-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esculas the Migthy (Post 9415)
i dont mind someone ruling over me if they defeated fair and square but if like 8 people jumped on me and 1 guy wants me to follow his rules ima spit and his face

Same. To be honest i wouldnt mind someone rule over me at all, vassalage works two ways, yes we pay tribute and answer to them but in return they must also protect us too.

Esculas the Mighty 09-27-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 9418)
Same. To be honest i wouldnt mind someone rule over me at all, vassalage works two ways, yes we pay tribute and answer to them but in return they must also protect us too.

true i just want tht person too be strong leader not a wimpy leader whos only taken me over tho to help from nations from afar

id just say no to the tributes rebuild a military and find allies willing to help me back on my feet and bring down the house