Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Economy Market (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403)

cherbui 09-17-2008 10:27 AM

Economy Market

:) i was wondering if this had been brought up yet, but will there be an economy market play to buy sell resources to other players ? :) or even loan troops hehe

nickson104 09-17-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherbui (Post 9290)
:) i was wondering if this had been brought up yet, but will there be an economy market play to buy sell resources to other players ? :) or even loan troops hehe

loan... with interest i presume? :) merc'ing ftw :) lol just make a large force and merc it out lol

fyro11 09-17-2008 11:32 AM

What if the loan isn't repaid? I suppose there will be loan sharks as well :P

Darvin 09-17-2008 11:50 AM

I'd like to give two quotes from Civilization IV:

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies"

and

"Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe"

The winner of any war is, inevitably, the one who sold the belligerents their weapons.

Puppeteer 09-17-2008 01:42 PM

I hate money. Thought I'd let you know that.

Darvin 09-17-2008 04:50 PM

Money is extraordinarily difficult to represent in game terms. If you look at most MMO's, they run into the fundamental problem that all resources are effectively infinite; you can "extract" items indefinitely because the monsters that drop them respawn indefinitely. This usually leads to hyper-inflation. Conversely, have only a finite amount of a resource available and it becomes priceless.

Look at Diablo II. Money is worthless there; offer currency in a trade and you'll get laughed at. Everything is bartered as a result. Take a look at Guild Wars; when they finally got around to adding good items to merchants, money was so devalued that players were still buying merchant stock until the price literally hit the hard-coded maximum. Alternately, look at the rune system in Diablo II. While you can find a "legit" high rune on any store, none of them are legit; over 99.99% of all runes are dupes that will poof into smoke if detected by anti-cheat devices. Legit high runes are literally priceless. Their value is so great that no one who owns one would sell it or trade it. Diablo II has both ends of the problem; one of its currencies is literally invaluable (and only available at all because people cheat), the other so common that it literally holds no value.

Esculas the Mighty 09-17-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherbui (Post 9290)

im hopeing so being able to do simple stuff like that can triple the games enjoyment

Joseph Visscher 09-20-2008 09:35 PM

All factions will have their own ways to exchange resources for other resources. The men's Market is one of them.
No Comment on buying or selling resources to other real human players.

Mrdash 09-21-2008 04:06 PM

Ooooohhhh no comment. =D

More secrets eh?

Darvin 09-21-2008 05:46 PM

There are three possibilities:
A) they already have implemented it
B) they plan to implement it
C) they do not plan to implement it

In any of those three cases, "no comment" is a highly appropriate response to this thread. The only real purpose it serves is to ensure his earlier comment on resource exchange is not misconstrued as something on inter-player market interactions.