Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Okies, seriously.. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396)

Liljagare 08-28-2008 07:53 PM

Okies, seriously..

I am not too sure who's brilliant idea it was to approach the market the way that DoF has done it, but seriously, its a bad idea.

No information when you promise it, no new screenies, no new demo's, no news of beta etc.

I read that some people keep writing that "We'll we don't want it rushed!", but seriously, things are starting to look lacking and lagging in this game. No new screenies, no new demos, nothing new on races.. Pre-constructs of cities have always sounded bad.

But, I seriously think that between the other longest running development race and sucky marketing, even Mount and Blade will out sell DoF.. :(

Who's asleep at the helm? Who is the SCHMUCK responsible for the promotion of this game?

Esculas the Mighty 08-28-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liljagare (Post 9052)
I am not too sure who's brilliant idea it was to approach the market the way that DoF has done it, but seriously, its a bad idea.

No information when you promise it, no new screenies, no new demo's, no news of beta etc.

I read that some people keep writing that "We'll we don't want it rushed!", but seriously, things are starting to look lacking and lagging in this game. No new screenies, no new demos, nothing new on races.. Pre-constructs of cities have always sounded bad.

But, I seriously think that between the other longest running development race and sucky marketing, even Mount and Blade will out sell DoF.. :(

Who's asleep at the helm? Or, who's too arrogant in the dev team? Who is the SCHMUCK responsible for the promotion of this game?

i approve of this post and here by out rules flameing ( dont post if u just wanna flame him but u can flame me as a meat shield :p )

yea totally agree tho man the forums died basically with no info for a long time i find it weird since they just got with lighthouse

Darvin 08-28-2008 10:15 PM

The last we heard was that they aren't doing anything more until they're ready to start their main marketing drive for release, at which point they pull all the stops. I'd just be patient and wait. It's pointless for them to build up hype, then let it all deflate because the release is such a long ways away.

aVeron 08-29-2008 01:24 AM

The marketing of this game is anything but good..

crex719 08-29-2008 01:43 AM

Seriously If we keep asking them they will have to stop, make a trailer/beta/whatever and waste more time. They don't even have time to put dragons in so lets not delay them anymore....

Darvin 08-29-2008 04:36 AM

I've played far too many games that were rushed out the door, and ended up sucking. Frankly, I don't know why gamers are still so impatient. We can plainly see the sea of mediocrity created by the rush to get titles out to the ravenous public, and I don't know why people are so intent on perpetuating this by demanding expediency.

Maybe because I, myself, am a programmer I can respect just how much time and effort it takes to do things right. I'm understanding, and quite supportive, of the need to take the extra time to do things right. The marketing drive will come, but they're obviously awaiting a certain stage of completion before they begin it.

Liljagare 08-29-2008 05:36 AM

Hehe, don't get me wrong now, I want this game to succeed! :D

aVeron 08-29-2008 07:17 AM

Ehm.. I dont think this threads intentions was to push the Developers into rush the game or something.. Rather to let the developers know that we're wondering whats going on out there, Because the updates are few and not really big. And people know very little about the game right now(For those few who knows about it).

For example the latest announcement about Lighthouse taking the role as the DoF publisher.. Along with that came 6 screenshots, which didnt show anything new..

Sketchie 08-29-2008 10:16 AM

I totally agree, I had a post similar to this but it got locked as it totally strayed from being on topic =)

S

SvN 08-29-2008 02:18 PM

true, they have promised updates many times now.. And I actually just realized that I don't know anything about the factions yet, the dof website is also strongly outdated.

I agree with Darvin that we just have to be patient, but without any new screenshots/info, this forum and the community will die.