Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do I join Reverie World Studios? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383)

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr 08-09-2008 02:30 AM

How do I join Reverie World Studios?

i would like to ask how to joni the projects u guys are making and if it will still be around and 5 to 6years from now this project shows that dof and its company is not like a game like aoe3 or something stupid i would like to know how you could join the prodcution and if their is an age limit to join..

Joseph Visscher 08-18-2008 12:45 AM

If you are interested in a position, e-mail Konstantin, the Producer, at Konstantin[at]Reverieworld[dot]com (Spam his email and get banned.) with your resume, request, map or mod projects if any, and info about yourself AND Your PC Specs. If you have more questions you would like to ask, just post them in this topic or PM me (Joseph Visscher) using these forums and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
The minimum age is 16.
Extremely experienced with computers.
Commitment of atleast 10 hours a week.
Type of job: Tell us what you do, and we will see what we can do to have you do what we need you to do for us. Right? :p
Pay: Payment is between the individual and the company, but rates range in the double digits an hour.

We are currently looking for a very experienced LUA Coder/Scripter

crex719 08-18-2008 01:17 AM

^^^^^^seriously? How do you guys deal with the underage hassle of working papers and stuff? Thats cool though.

Jean=A=Luc 08-18-2008 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 8834)
^^^^^^seriously? How do you guys deal with the underage hassle of working papers and stuff? Thats cool though.

Hey, if young people can work in a McDonalds they might as well work for a game developer, it should be no less demeaning. :p

frankein_fish 08-18-2008 06:12 AM

heh u got a point there.
hope i can get in as a coder when im finished with school ;)

Joseph Visscher 08-18-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 8834)

We have a Virtual Office, no papers, just text, meetings, signing in and out, oh and work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 8835)
Hey, if young people can work in a McDonalds they might as well work for a game developer, it should be no less demeaning. :p

Yea, right,
Skill required Working at McMaggets does not even universally come near the artistic or codex experience that we are looking for in our future workers.

Jean=A=Luc 08-18-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 8859)

Yea, right,
Skill required Working at McMaggets does not even universally come near the artistic or codex experience that we are looking for in our future workers.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being sarcastic but just in case I was joking, of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

Although considering how some games turn out sometimes I'd rather have a cheeseburger. :p

Joseph Visscher 08-19-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 8863)
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being sarcastic but just in case I was joking, of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

Although considering how some games turn out sometimes I'd rather have a cheeseburger. :p

Really what makes a good game is the player’s perspective, if the player just looks at the cons of the game, it will be a bad game, if he looks at all the pros, it will be a good game, the trick is to show the pros and hide the cons. Along with a high element of addiction.

But of course with that in mind, and with a unbiased attitude, the major things that make good or bad games are: Amount of content, Addiction, Story, Gameplay and Glitches.

raving 08-19-2008 03:43 AM

i love games with huge contents, where you just keep on going and every time you log in you say. Hey ... I didn't knew that.

iceblast 08-23-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 8863)
I'm not sure if you misunderstood or are being of course I wouldn't compare assembling cheeseburgers with game design.

lol man that made me laugh :P