Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Castle Design Suggestion (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379)

alpha30ns 08-05-2008 01:49 AM

Castle Design Suggestion

i know this game probably already has the wall thing taken care of but i thought of this while playing forge on halo 3 lol.
(...maybe it could be included in dof 2 lol jk)

seeing as how some people like building there own castles and not having defualt ones i was thinking what if there was a castle editor that allows you to design your castle the way you want it before you start your mmo or skirmish game. like say you only have a certain amount of resources to design your castle, and there is a boundary so your castle wont take up the entire map. also you couldnt be able to stack walls next to each other. and have to have plots inbetween wall segments.

i know theres some problems to this but this is a short description. and i wanted to know what you thought about it.

frankein_fish 08-05-2008 05:06 AM

Hmmm not too bad.
But it will be requiring alot of works so in any case its far away :D
But other than that its nice

ash12181987 08-05-2008 07:36 AM

Stranger example, but like: The roller coaster designer in Roller Coaster Tycoon, kinda like?

The Witch King of Angmar 08-05-2008 08:35 AM

That's what I was thinking. Wherever you build the castle, say into the side of a mountain, it should adapt to the terrain.

alpha30ns 08-05-2008 09:37 PM

yeah or say in the mmo part you get your land then you can design your castle around the land or use a default castle.

(off topic) .... i hope the castles in this game dont have any major flaws in the design that would make it easy to take over.

raving 08-06-2008 07:09 AM

every castle has his weak point. The good players know that spot and know hot to make it their strong point.

crex719 08-06-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raving (Post 8649)
every castle has his weak point. The good players know that spot and know hot to make it their strong point.

lots and lots of archers should do the trick!

Sharku 08-07-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crex719 (Post 8652)
lots and lots of archers should do the trick!

Countered by lots and lots of catapults! :D

The Witch King of Angmar 08-07-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharku (Post 8675)
Countered by lots and lots of catapults! :D

Countered by lots and lots of calvalry! Back on topic, I wonder how the design goes for where walls are going to be placed on different walls of the castle? I never saw them all in a straight row.

Esculas the Mighty 08-07-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 8676)
Countered by lots and lots of calvalry! Back on topic, I wonder how the design goes for where walls are going to be placed on different walls of the castle? I never saw them all in a straight row.

eh i dont think your gonna want to spam catapults alot more expensive then archers and even if u do the archers would still prob win considering ( did u ever think that catapults have top be maned? if they are then the archers an just shoot them problem solved and the castle also has long ranged trebs inside so the catapult will be fired at before u can get in range)