Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New players vs old ones (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3508)

Bloodlance 07-17-2011 07:15 PM

New players vs old ones

Hi

I would like to suggest that the younger the player is in the world, the more powerfull his armies are vs the player attackers, thus making it a bit harder for the big empires to roll over the new players who just started.

As i dont have beta key, i cant test the game and give any input.

But thats one thing that comed to my mind when i looked all the videos out there.

Basicly if your units have levels or training levels just make it like 1st week player +5 levels , 2nd week player +1 levels and then the boost is off, or something, needs to be balanced ofc.

/Bloodlance

Espadachim 07-17-2011 08:32 PM

I think that the devs made a system where veteran players simply aren't encouraged to fight newbies. Not sure how, though.

CryoPyrus 07-20-2011 01:19 AM

Don't know what it would be... but why would a vet want to fight a push-over new player anyway...? Easy as pie to defeat, hardly any loot, but you still lose troops. Sure it keeps them down but is it really worth it?

vesavius 08-21-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryoPyrus (Post 56687)
Don't know what it would be... but why would a vet want to fight a push-over new player anyway...? Easy as pie to defeat, hardly any loot, but you still lose troops. Sure it keeps them down but is it really worth it?

I think you probably underestimate the average online gamer's capacity for being an *******.

newbie protection is a must in any game if you want to retain them on an ongoing basis.

andreicde 08-21-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesavius (Post 58411)
I think you probably underestimate the average online gamer's capacity for being an *******.

newbie protection is a must in any game if you want to retain them on an ongoing basis.

they can be vesavius but you'd be losing troops with nothing in return. Plus the player has to accept PVP to actually be attacked which makes me hope we have mods in game in case some kids decide to start flame wars or just being annoying.

ephestion 09-18-2011 10:32 PM

How about a better diplomacy model. It would be good if you could make new or weaker players your vassal. Forcing them to pay upto 10% of their resources as tribute. The only way to break out of the vassal state would be to accumulate enough allies to fight for freedom.

Henry Martin 09-19-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ephestion (Post 59292)
How about a better diplomacy model. It would be good if you could make new or weaker players your vassal. Forcing them to pay upto 10% of their resources as tribute. The only way to break out of the vassal state would be to accumulate enough allies to fight for freedom.

Yes, because new players like to get bullied right from the beginning of the game. I mean who doesn't like when you start a new game and experienced players greet you by destroying you, then laugh about it. Then they keep doing it just to **** you off.

Now if there was a server dedicated to this then yeah (it would be your choice then), but as for this being in the game period no, I don't think its a good idea. It will turn away a lot of new players especially since you have to buy the game. This idea would appeal to hardcore players, but not the majority.

Azmodeus 09-20-2011 10:42 AM

carebears all of you!

Just make a newbie protection timer or something like that...

Vets shouldn't be at disadvantage... I mean why would you even play if not to get stronger?

Henry Martin 09-20-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azmodeus (Post 59417)
carebears all of you!

Vets shouldn't be at disadvantage... I mean why would you even play if not to get stronger?

Most of you are missing the point. A game is meant to be "enjoyed", not frustrating. Most new people don't like to be bent over just because some stronger player has nothing better to do then harass weaker players. That's why I think it would be best to have a separate server for those that want to have the gloves off (hardcore mode).

That's why in the game we have a system to where you can fight people at your level or higher (the higher being "your choice"). This way everyone will still have a challenge and it prevents "vets" from bullying new players.

andreicde 09-20-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azmodeus (Post 59417)
carebears all of you!

And how will you define veteran?A guy could just spend say 400 dollars or 500 dollars and have the entire city built in a few hours and would just wait to produce armies and start crushing the rest.How will that be unfair according to you?if we had a newbie protection you still wouldn't be able to protect against him. Also some people can do that.I learned that from even worse games and how crazy the amounts invested can be. And it only takes a few guys to ruin all. And would you consider this guy a veteran because he got everything in a few hours instead of months?Shop can't buy you power but it can speed up things by a lot and if you just start and the next day you get destroyed by a ''coiner'', well it wouldn't be too fun