Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Conquest and expansion? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349)

aVeron 07-16-2008 06:19 PM

Conquest and expansion?

Salut all members of DOF-forum!

I Register on this forum yesterday and i must say Im really looking forward to this game!
The feature of this game looks so promising. I probobly got a milion question to ask about the game.. but one thing that keeps bugging me, which i dont have a clue about in this game is: how your supose to expand? Because from what i've read on this forum, is that your only allowed to build one city and i've also read that the limit of units will be around 1.000 units. Both things involves expansion..

Are you going to be able to take over cities that you conquer, or will you just be able to raise them from the ground? If your able to conquer then i think the unit limitation should be unlimited, whereas you gain more units when you expand.

Cheers, averon

nickson104 07-17-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aVeron (Post 7957)
Are you going to be able to take over cities that you conquer, or will you just be able to raise them from the ground? If your able to conquer then i think the unit limitation should be unlimited, whereas you gain more units when you expand.

Cheers, averon

If your units were unlimited that would cause some major problems for gaming later on in the game, imagine both teams having 10,000 troops attacking each other.... lag is what it would be.
The 1000 unit limit seems pretty much perfect, not too much but not too little either.
As to the conquering cities... I am not too sure, being new myself... However I gather so as i remember hearing that you could eventually have a city or town or whatever for every race. So I think you can... please orrect me if I am wrong

And yeah Welcome to the forums

aVeron 07-17-2008 06:29 AM

Well maybe not unlimit the unit limit.. but the game has to develop in the feature and some empires has to grow.. bye unlimit i meant, if you conquer another player, you'll gain his stronghold. then some of his population, which should increase your ability to have more units, that sounds reasonable, and secondly.. i dont think players will send several thousand of soldiers to each others... they will probobly be spread out alot..

Late game some players will be superior power, and with only 1.000 men in total? that sounds very small to me.. Alternative would be to have a unit limit in a battle, 2.000 max, whereas it is possible to have now.. but your still able to build more units, around your empire..

Limited population is just a typical thing about all rts games.. yes.. its because of avoid lags and bad performance.. but this game is supose to be epic!
I would really dislike the fact that you have to start sacrifice your peasents just to gain more pop for soldiers, in late game.. :(

The Witch King of Angmar 07-17-2008 09:25 AM

Welcome to the forums, and, yes, you can capture cities or destroy them. You can also build camps and outposts.

Puppeteer 07-17-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

and with only 1.000 men in total? that sounds very small to me
Your ideas about parameters are far exceeding to that of mine.

aVeron 07-17-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar (Post 7972)
Welcome to the forums, and, yes, you can capture cities or destroy them. You can also build camps and outposts.

Ok, that sounds great, thanks for the welcoming!

But no one has spoken of how the conquering will effect your unit limit? Will it still stay the same even thoe you've conquered 2 other cities? Or will you gain a higher unit limit after more cities you conquer?

E.x. 1.000 your main city, then you conquer another one 1.500. third city 2.000, and so on... Just an idea..

The Witch King of Angmar 07-17-2008 11:48 AM

I think it will stay the same.

aVeron 07-17-2008 12:29 PM

I hope not... then i think it should be more then 1.000 :(

Esculas the Mighty 07-18-2008 05:46 PM

omg!? what about camps being able to build there own units but the pop. cap is separate form your city but it has a small limit like 250 or 300

this will help you to be able to keep your enemies in check instead or having to march your army all the way back to them to re-conquer them

aVeron 07-19-2008 02:31 AM

Yes well, for me it doesnt really matter where you get more units, Just that i know that you will get more then 1.000 in a late game.. eventhought you dont need to have 1.000 in every battle, the battlefields unitlimit could be different.