Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fantasy Friday - Diplomacy (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3459)

Alex Walz 07-08-2011 12:05 PM

Fantasy Friday - Diplomacy

Fantasy Friday
Diplomacy in Kingdom Wars

With only two months until release, Reverie World Studios would like to thank our amazing fans for their dedication and support over these many years - and we hope to show our gratitude on the battlefield. ;)

In today's "Fantasy Friday" media update, we will be looking into the Diplomacy aspect of Dawn of Fantasy's single-player conquer-the-world mode, Kingdom Wars. No matter which campaign you choose to play, diplomacy will be a large aspect of the game mode, and a strong trade route or military alliance should never be underappreciated!

To discuss diplomacy with a foreign ruler, players can create a world map army and task it to a foreign stronghold - which can be "Allied," "Neutral," or "At War." Using the army's interface, the player can then enter the town and select "Diplomacy" to go straight to the foreign diplomat. The two parties will then be given a number of option to improve diplomatic ties or to lead the two strongholds to war. The relations between the two towns will be given a numerical value that is used to gauge the cooperation between the two towns. To increase this value, players can offer tribute (in terms of gold) to the foreign town and establish trade routes to economically connect the strongholds. Trade routes will supply both towns with a constant supply of gold to help fuel their economies. Once the relations are positive enough, the player can attempt to forge an alliance. By creating an alliance, players can help safeguard their cities from enemy attacks as nearby allied armies are likely to come to the aid of an attacked town with cavalry reinforcements which can make all the difference at the right time.

Any requests without sufficient relations will be denied, and towns with negative relations will have few diplomatic options other than war in the dog-eat-dog world that is Kingdom Wars. Will you be forever known as the Great Unifier of Mythador, or will you opt for the title of Vanquisher of Realms? Tell us your plans for the world of Mythador in the comments section below!

black-star 07-14-2011 01:09 AM

nice! An rts can't be really complete without diplomacy options!

johnthebeast 07-14-2011 01:58 AM

In a RTS online diplomacy is a must! well done :)

kizil_atli 07-14-2011 09:07 AM

it is very good

Arausio 07-14-2011 09:19 AM

These screen shots are amazing it makes me happy when i first seen the game i doubted the graphics now that iv seen some screen shots like these i know this game will not lack what i love Im a hitler for good Graphics

Alex Walz 07-15-2011 08:30 PM

And the graphics are still improving! ;)

Pbravo 07-17-2011 04:48 PM

My plans...

Plan on forging an empire on diplomacy with friends and war with others as it goes on. Though the game is looking sick :cool: