Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Release Date - September 2011 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3416)

Konstantin Fomenko 06-26-2011 02:28 PM

Release Date - September 2011

Dear Forumers,

We have made the final update to Dawn of Fantasy's release date, and while we cannot give away any specifics until 505's press release, we expect to see Dawn of Fantasy hit store shelves in September. We will you updated, and post the date when available.

This is quite a long wait - but we feel that we really need the extra time to properly polish up the game and add some currently missing features. Meanwhile all of you can continue with the beta:) Thanks for patiently waiting and supporting Dawn of Fantasy.

Brotolemaeus 06-26-2011 03:36 PM

Can't wait! Thanks for the prompt information!

theinternetman 06-26-2011 03:51 PM

WHEN IT'S DONE! - Mark Rein

Neko 06-26-2011 09:17 PM

NICE ! I was not able to play in beta sight but now that the release isn't far away i am happy ^-^

General_II 06-26-2011 10:10 PM

I'm hoping it's September of this year? :P Still great news to hear!

Vianns 06-27-2011 05:36 AM

Good news !

But there's still a loooong way to go, before releasing a stable, bug-free game :9

Ferdinand 06-27-2011 01:06 PM

Ух-ты эту игру оказывается русские делают!!! Или бывшие русские :) Ни как землякам ключик не получить?

darkheart 06-27-2011 04:30 PM

September ?? i hope that alot of the bugs are worked out real soon or this will fop hard there are alot of aspects that havent even been tested yet

rat-morningstar 06-28-2011 06:04 AM

why is the european release 4 days after the american release?

i mean, it's not distributed on disc or anything...

theinternetman 06-28-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkheart (Post 55311)
September ?? i hope that alot of the bugs are worked out real soon or this will fop hard there are alot of aspects that havent even been tested yet

Most F2P games are un-floppable.

The initial cost of a game is a HUGE barrier for players. F2P is the new popular trend in the market for a reason, people want to try a game for free. A lot of people will spend a ton of money on cosmetics and other content. (More people bought items in APB at a $60 price point than a $40 price point for the same item) (Tons of people have bought cars you can already obtain in-game for $25)

If you remove the barrier of the initial game cost and then charge people for various features you can already unlock by playing the game, you can make a killing. Reverie can also make unique cosmetic unit packs or things of that nature and charge for them.

There is a ton of content you can monetize if you make the game free. Take a look at LoTRO for a great reference. At Mirkwood the game was on its deathbed, look at it now and it's the shining example of Free To Play MMOs with a ton of profit generated a great new expansion on the horizon. They sell content like quest packs regularly.