- Media Fair
||06-24-2011 04:54 PM
Fantasy Friday - Orc Technologies
Technologies Part II: Gokkholm
Another Friday, another showcase! Last week, we took a look at the human technologies
, and today we will be doing the second part of the three-part series by introducing the technologies of the Orcs of Gokkholm! So sit back and read all about what the orcs have up their sleeves!
From your Home City, techs can be researched from your buildings and cost resources and Influence
. Once purchased, these techs will upgrade instantly and benefit your army by unlocking new units and defenses or with increased efficiency - which can often benefit your army or economy much more than whipping out several new battalions - and at half the cost.
Keep in mind that, for the most part, the upgrades listed are categories which include several different individual techs, and some techs are still being implemented. Nevertheless, you can get a good sense of the scale of the game and micromanagement through these many upgrades!
Brief Overview of Technology Types
- Efficiency Upgrades improve your Marauders and Labourers, as well as construction, hunting, and gathering rates.
- Tactics Upgrades improve the damage and looting rates of your Marauders and Labourers, and allow players to unlock enflamed arrows for their Marauders.
- Training Upgrades improve the train rate of War Halls.
- Tactics Upgrades improve your slayers with new armor, and allow players to upgrade and unlock new formations.
- Training Upgrades improve the train rate of Pyres.
- Tactics Upgrades improve your impalers with new crush and slash armor.
- Efficiency Upgrades improve the automatic spawn rate of Goblin Tents.
- Tactics Upgrades improve the strength, armor, accuracy, speed, and damage of your goblin units, and enables the Trick ability for goblins.
- Training Upgrades improve the train rate of Temples.
- Technology Upgrades unlock Wooden Walls, Towers, Gatehouses, and advanced siege defenses, such as the Rock Net and mounted Catapult.
- Tactics Upgrades enable the construction of Catapults and Siege Towers, and unlock flaming projectiles for your catapults.
- Ogre Upgrades improve the strength of your Ogres with new clubs, shields, and helmets.
- Slayer Upgrades improve the pierce, crush, and slash armor of your Slayers.
- Impaler Upgrades improve the slash and crush armor of your Impalers.
- Tactics Upgrades improve the strength of your Ogres with new clubs, shields, and helmets, and improve the orc ability to capture and train rogue ogres.
- Efficiency Upgrades improve the growth and fattening rates and resource capacity of warg livestock, and increases the hitpoints and attack of wargs used for battle.
- Homeland Upgrades improve the storage capacity and population cap of your Homeland.
As always, we want to hear your thoughts; and if you have any ideas for future FF showcases, post away! :D
||06-29-2011 08:40 AM
Mmm huts and wood good substitute for stone and towers :)
||07-14-2011 03:03 AM
i'm glad to know that there is a lot of tech to research :)
||07-14-2011 10:06 AM
it is very good
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.