Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How much MMO in a MMO ? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336)

QuartZ 07-05-2008 04:14 AM

How much MMO in a MMO ?

I have some uestions about the MMO part of the game.
The basic point i'm wondering about is:

- If 2 players would be fighting, can another player join in the middle of the fight as an allied, or can a MMO game start with some allied players fighting another group? And if so, how would that affect the domination territory and other rhings in the game after the battle ?

Other uqestions are less important ;) :

- Will it be possible to play on LAN, not full online? Will that affect the online statistics if both players playing LAN would be online to send the scores?
- Will it be possible to form alliances that players can defend allies if they are being attacked offline? (i mean playing for somebody under a permission of that player)
- Languages, how many and what languages will be availible in the game? I would be glad to see some polish names, descriptions etc. but it's just a detail ofc ;)
- Does anyone here on forum speak Polish ? :D heheh

Jean=A=Luc 07-05-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

- Will it be possible to play on LAN, not full online?
Yes.

Quote:

Will that affect the online statistics if both players playing LAN would be online to send the scores?
LAN games can't and most certainly should not affect one's rank on the online ladder.

Quote:

- Will it be possible to form alliances that players can defend allies if they are being attacked offline?
You can't be attacked while you're offline.

Quote:

- Languages, how many and what languages will be availible in the game? I would be glad to see some polish names, descriptions etc. but it's just a detail ofc
So far I've seen these languages mentioned: French, German, in Spanish, in Russian. It's possible DoF will be released in a few other languages too though I doubt Polish will be among them but who knows...

Quote:

- Does anyone here on forum speak Polish ?
I myself don't but Closterkeller and Moonlight are among my favorite bands. :)

I'm not sure about all aspects of your 1st question but I'm 99.999999 ad infinitum % sure a player won't be able to barge in on other players' battles.

QuartZ 07-05-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

So far I've seen these languages mentioned: French, German, in Spanish, in Russian. It's possible DoF will be released in a few other languages too though I doubt Polish will be among them but who knows...
How many lines of text are there to be translated for the game? I mean ... are there any numbers You can tell? And of course what is the games original language?

I'm completly fine with english, but since there is a general lack of RTS games in the whole world (strange that shooters became the main game type made) it would be nice to have more players. My point is that i'm a RTS fan, and i would really enjoy playing also with poles online, but many ppl don't speak any foreign language, or just are being so lazy, that they choose translated game just because the language. Anyway i wish i had the power to lobby for a translation :P

Quote:

I'm not sure about all aspects of your 1st question but I'm 99.999999 ad infinitum % sure a player won't be able to barge in on other players' battles.
Basicaly that's what i've meant ... so it won't be possible in a battle that another army will suddenly appear in the middle of nowhere to change wictory into a defeat ? ;)

Jean=A=Luc 07-05-2008 10:44 AM

The only info about the amount of text in the game we have is this:
Quote:

Dawn of Fantasy brings innovation and show- manship to the single player campaign, delivering intensely scripted 30 hours of non-linear narratives, filled with 600 minutes of dialogues, developed by a team of 12 acclaimed designers and writers.
It seams like a lot of work that should be done by a team of people rather than just one person unless one would wish to disregard single player elements and only translate those pieces of text related to gameplay, interface etc. Of course the dialogues might contain acted voice overs which would look weird with a translation in another language.

But I have no idea how would this be implemented (what files need to be edited etc.) but if you're serious about translating the game into Polish maybe one of the devs. would be willing to help you with the technical issues. In one of the earlier threads there was mention of a group of people who translate games into Italian so this sort of thing is not unheard of.

The game's "mother tongue" is English as is usually the case.

Don't forget you've got "The Witcher", an awesome Polish game. I'm still waiting for that extended version with the fixed English translations and dialogues. :)

QuartZ 07-06-2008 01:48 AM

Seems like i will just have to look for the thread where that italian translation was mentioned ;)

And about a dialogues: listening to a dialog in one language, and reading in another is a bit like a movie with subtitles :P

Puppeteer 07-12-2008 03:40 AM

Didn't some people want to make their own DoF language at some point? ;)