Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ive got a downfall for you (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335)

Alunya 07-02-2008 02:47 PM

Ive got a downfall for you

Since there will be some hardcore players in this game (including me lol) beginers are going go find it way to hard to get to a decent stage, since the big cities are just going to attack as soon as they see someone new,How ya gonna fix this, because you are going to lose a lot of players because of this problem

LordSlayer 07-02-2008 02:57 PM

You will only be able to fight players that have cities that are of a level similar to yours (you won't be able to destroy all the new guys before they have a chance to play a little)

Joseph Visscher 07-02-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alunya (Post 7638)
Since there will be some hardcore players in this game (including me lol) beginers are going go find it way to hard to get to a decent stage, since the big cities are just going to attack as soon as they see someone new,How ya gonna fix this, because you are going to lose a lot of players because of this problem

I must say, that is a fairly good rant for someone who has never played the game nor knows exactly how the multiplayer actually works. ;)

Precautions have been and are going to be in place in MMORTS to prevent this sort of unfair and unbalanced exploit seen in a few games.

Khyron 07-02-2008 07:07 PM

Please read the material in FAQ, the material on the main site, and use common sence. This game dose not appear to have the short comeings of standard RTS games. I only say appears as well i have not played this game as of yet, but do have faith in the development team.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Alunya 07-03-2008 05:07 AM

Fair dues

Well since this game isnt out as of yet then i cannot actually see the precactions you have put in place, Just id hate to see a game of this calibre fail due to small little things

monsterfurby 07-05-2008 05:37 PM

Since I understand the online part to be more of a sophisticated matchmaking service [i.e. the development in your city might be persistent, but it is basically pasted into a map with the city of your opponent once a game starts. No "connected" persistent world, at least that's how I imagine it], I reckon this problem just won't exist.

Feweh 07-06-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alunya (Post 7638)

Buddy read around before you just post away... They've said it plenty of times that everyone will fight level to level basicly.